Have you considered joining our forum? It's full of like-minded people who love to help out and have a natter. We reckon you'd fit right in.
I blog at https://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com/ about a mixture of things related to life as a clinical psychologist. Some posts include:
- A note on the two 12 year old girls with “higher IQ than Einstein or Stephen Hawking”
- Bump! About the impact of a minor car accident
- To the parent in the changing rooms this morning
- Siblings, friends and vampire bats: a story of reciprocity
- If the bigger picture is too depressing, look at the little picture
- Getting organised
- Giving psychology away – the positive ripples of training
- Wisdom and reflection
- All change!
- How to prioritise
- Confessions of a workaholic
- Sifting through the hoard
- The battle isn’t won yet: Why feminism still matters and is relevant to everyone
- Between a rock and a hard place – when friendship and your professional role overlap
- The double bind of trying to do research as a clinician
- Dressing for the job: Presentation and the art of neutrality
- High on scare, low on science: a tale of charity, politics and dodgy neuroscience
- How much do you have to prove? A tale of the modern NHS marketplace
- Slow burn: Reflecting on the emotional impact of working with chronic trauma
- A shallow look at fat
Why not take a look, comment, continue the conversation on the forum?
Just a quick update to say that all the site features are now accessed by the forum. That is where you will find the current discussion about all aspects of clinical psychology, the job adverts, information about how to post adverts for jobs, courses and events. So get clicking on the menu bar above to register and join in.
Please note that new registrations are manually checked and authorised to prevent spammers being able to sign up and promote their wares on our forum, so it may take a couple of days to activate your account. Just be patient and we'll get to it. In the meanwhile you can still browse and search most of our content - it is just the members sections, the qualified peer consultation group and the LiveChat facility which you need to be a member to access.
Are you thinking about becoming a Clinical Psychologist? Do you know other people who are? Let them know about ClinPsy, where they can find valuable, relevant and up-to-date information in our wiki, and receive advice from like-minded individuals and professionals in our online community.
If you want to spread the word, feel free to download our poster. Prizes awarded for pictorial evidence of the most strategic poster placement!
www.ClinPsy.org.uk is a site aimed at anyone with an interest in Clinical Psychology. This includes:
- people thinking about doing a psychology degree
- undergraduate psychology students
- psychology graduates looking for relevant work
- those working in 'first step on the ladder' posts like care assistant, support worker, nursing assistant, rehabilitation assistant, and doing bank work
- those working as Assistant Psychologists, Research Assistants, primary mental health worker
- people working as Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, guided self-help practitioners or Low Intensity Therapists in the Improving Access to Pschological Therapies schemes
- those working as High Intensity Therapists, CBT therapists or qualified Clinical Psychologists in IAPT
- Associate Practitioners in psychology in Scotland
- Trainee Clinical Psychologists currently doing their doctoral training in clinical psychology in the UK
- International psychologists who want to work in the UK or are considering applying for the doctoral training here
- Qualified Clinical Psychologists working in all specialities, in the NHS and in private settings or independent practise (we even have a peer consultation group which is limited to qualified CPs and cannot be seen except by members of this group)
- anyone working in psychological research related to clinical psychology
- members of professions closely allied to clinical psychology who want to be part of a community of psychologists! (this currently includes a few counselling psychologists, educational psychologists and psychotherapists)
Welcome! Hopefully there is content relevant to all career stages, and a chance to connect with peers all over the UK and elsewhere in the world.
A lot has been going on at ClinPsy lately, with the wiki transfer, the site redesign, the forum redesign, and introduction of advertising to say the least. Work still carries on (for it never truly ends).
More is yet to come!
A new issue of Aspire is in the works and we're anxious to get it out to you all.
If you have any comments, compliments, complaints or suggestions, please feel free to sign up to our forum and speak your mind.
So, we have begun the task of transferring the wiki content into the new website. Hopefully with the help of our wiki-keepers many hands will make light work of this massive task!