Do not post in the wiki to ask questions

The Wiki is the section where we have compiled useful information on frequently asked questions. The format is different to the rest of the ClinPsy forum, so this section explains how it works.

Do not post in the wiki to ask questions

Postby maven » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Use the forum, there is a whole index of sections you can use. But this one isn't the right place to ask questions, unless they are directly about the wiki!

Feel free to post notes about broken links in wiki entries, or suggestions for wikis, or wiki starter posts that other people can add to.

But if you want careers advice, post in the appropriate part of the forum, so that you get some answers and I don't have to keep moving posts to the right place.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare
maven
Site Admin

Re: Do not post in the wiki to ask questions

Postby sarahg » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Can't you just lock the threads/posting??
sarahg

Postby Borrowed Cone » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 pm

sarahg wrote:Can't you just lock the threads/posting??

I take it this is an ironic posting of a question in the wiki section :wink:
"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. But I don't want to spend a lot of money..."
Borrowed Cone
Team Member

Postby sarahg » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Borrowed Cone wrote:
sarahg wrote:Can't you just lock the threads/posting??

I take it this is an ironic posting of a question in the wiki section :wink:

;)

Although my question was directly about the wiki, ergo it corresponds with the rules.
sarahg

Postby maven » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:32 pm

I can't lock the section in which we want people to make suggestions about the wiki, or post updates and broken links, and that is where people seem to post requesting careers advice. Hence the thread.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare
maven
Site Admin

Return to About the Wiki, and suggest new topics