Wiki suggestions that have been actioned

The Wiki is the section where we have compiled useful information on frequently asked questions. The format is different to the rest of the ClinPsy forum, so this section explains how it works.
russ

Post by russ » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Something about the disclosure of mental health problems on occupational health forms, and then disclosing such to supervisors.

Done :D Here

escapee

Post by escapee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Could we have a formulation thread? Miriam I think you did one before that was really useful. It could then be expanded to cover different types of formulation and discuss the difference between formulation and diagnosis. :)

It could be called something like 'formulation' or 'What is formulation?' ;)

done :D here

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:34 pm

How about an overview of different people's experiences/relevant experience section?

escapee

Post by escapee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:37 pm

And I was just wondering about a glossary of terms? - would it then be possible to highlight terms within each post to link to the glossary?

Done :D
here

Ruthie

Post by Ruthie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:10 pm

What to do if you get a 2.2 and mature students applying for the DClin would be good topics.

Perhaps someone who can write from personal experience will take these up?

Also, would any newly qualified people like to write about the transition from trainee to qualified CP? (Not that I am thinking too far ahead into the future - just thought it would be a useful topic as more members of the forum qualify.)

Ruthie

Elsie

Post by Elsie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:28 pm

On the 'suggest new topics' front, is anyone able to do a post on instructions for downloading a spellchecker to the forum...I seem to remember this was a frequent request that was never actioned, and it is beyond my techy know-how (I've already googled and looked into it).

escapee

Post by escapee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:00 pm

How about a Miriam's metaphor thread?!

The one that always sticks in my mind (though this may not be overly accurate) was the one about the person hanging on a rope off a bridge - and the clinician can't pull them up but doesn't want to drop them either - so ties the rope on something until next week (in brief).
That has helped me so much when working with and thinking about people outside of work.

But I also came across the gardener one, so either restoring them in their original context or in a separate thread would be a good idea.

If you have lots of them Miriam, it would be nice to have them in a thread - what do you think?

Done :D here and here

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:18 pm

I've been trying to mark on this thread where we have already acted on the suggestions, and make links to the new topics. But please do keep making suggestions on the main thread :)
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com