Fixed Term Contract - Change of Length

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Biggsy1988

Fixed Term Contract - Change of Length

Post by Biggsy1988 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi all,

I got a verbal offer for an AP post in the NHS. I am going to take the post but have come across a problem. In the original advert it stated that the position was fixed term for one year. I have since received my offer letter that states it is fixed term for 9 months. I have tried to contact HR but had no luck so far so in the meantime hoping for some reassurance here. Could this just be a typo? Does anybody else have experience of this happening to them?
When it comes to dreams one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them - Alexander Grayson (Dracula 2013)

miriam
Site Admin

Re: Fixed Term Contract - Change of Length

Post by miriam » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:42 pm

The funding may be fixed for one year, but by the time the offer was made there may only be 9 months left of that year! Some funding has a deadline at which it expires, unfortunately. On the other hand, it may just be an error, so best to check.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Biggsy1988

Post by Biggsy1988 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Miriam.
:)

Hopefully I will get good news when I call. I am kind of hoping it is a year beause if I end up on training it will be a smooth transition. If its 9 months and I get on training I can end up unemployed for 3-4 months, a scary thought with a mortgage to pay!

Will post an update once I have spoken to HR.
When it comes to dreams one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them - Alexander Grayson (Dracula 2013)

Biggsy1988

Post by Biggsy1988 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Good news! It is definitely a year contract :)

Corrected paperwork is on its way to me. Phew!