Survey - a new organistion to represent clinical psychology

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.

Survey - a new organistion to represent clinical psychology

Postby Gilly » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello all

I'm sure that many of you will be aware of some of the ongoing difficulties taking place between the BPS/DCP at the moment, and that there is some talk of requiring a separate organisation to represent clinical psychology in the future. This came out strongly from a recent DCP/BPS survey sent round to the membership asking about how it felt it represented us.

A group of recent DCP executive committee members have formed to explore this, and have put together a survey for interested parties to explore further about representation for the profession - please see link below.

https://cardiffunipsych.eu.qualtrics.co ... 3VD9t94LGd

have a look and fill it out - its important to get as many views to strengthen any plans.
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.
Gilly

Re: Survey - a new organistion to represent clinical psychol

Postby BlueCat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Gilly, I've done it, but the binary response format irked me. Of course I think it should do all those things! Are some of them more important to me? YEs they are. Some items I felt really strongly about,, and others werd a bit lukewarm, but the only thing I could do was agree on both counts.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.
BlueCat
Site Admin

Postby mungle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:44 pm

Completed
mungle

Postby maven » Thu May 04, 2017 3:31 am

BlueCat wrote:Gilly, I've done it, but the binary response format irked me. Of course I think it should do all those things! Are some of them more important to me? YEs they are. Some items I felt really strongly about,, and others werd a bit lukewarm, but the only thing I could do was agree on both counts.
It does say:
You will notice questions that ask for an 'agree' or 'disagree' decision with no intermediate option. Where choices have only two alternatives (e.g. to maintain a register of members or not), then the response alternatives reflect this, and we ask you to indicate a preference, however close the options seem to you.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare
maven
Site Admin

Postby Gilly » Thu May 04, 2017 8:21 am

later on in the survey there is also the opportunity to rank the importance of most of those items on a likert scale, so you can make a preference for which ones are most important :)
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.
Gilly

Postby Spatch » Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 am

Done
Shameless plug alert:

Irrelevant Experience: The Secret Diary of an Assistant Psychologist is available at Amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Irrelevant-Experience-Assistant-Psychologist-ebook/dp/B00EQFE5JW/
Spatch
Team Member

Postby workingmama » Sun May 07, 2017 7:55 am

Done
Fail, fail again, fail better.
workingmama
Team Member

Postby BlueCat » Tue May 09, 2017 10:56 am

maven wrote:
BlueCat wrote:Gilly, I've done it, but the binary response format irked me. Of course I think it should do all those things! Are some of them more important to me? YEs they are. Some items I felt really strongly about,, and others werd a bit lukewarm, but the only thing I could do was agree on both counts.
It does say:
You will notice questions that ask for an 'agree' or 'disagree' decision with no intermediate option. Where choices have only two alternatives (e.g. to maintain a register of members or not), then the response alternatives reflect this, and we ask you to indicate a preference, however close the options seem to you.

I didn't read it all that carefully to be honest! Still irks me, even with that caveat.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.
BlueCat
Site Admin

Postby BenJMan » Wed May 10, 2017 3:01 pm

I completed and emailed round to my department, but just for feedback, fairly quickly a few people started it and stopped completing it because they felt like there wasn't enough information to give an answer, such as whether they supported an organisation outside the BPS etc (Q4), but no info on which to base that decision.

I didn't mind it so much and that hasn't been everyone's response, but certainly is some.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Postby miriam » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 pm

There is now a BPS survey about forming a senate: https://t.co/fhqZJZfBv9

I'm afraid my response was say that changing the icing doesn't fix what is wrong with the cake :(
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
miriam
Site Admin

Postby BenJMan » Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 am

"The Senate will replace the Society's Representative Council"

Experience tells me that when one body of people with one title 'replace' another body of people with a different title within an organisation, the end result is often very little different from where they started. Their explanation of what the Senate would be seems very much their explantion of what the Representative Council should be.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Postby workingmama » Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 pm

BenJMan wrote:"The Senate will replace the Society's Representative Council"

Experience tells me that when one body of people with one title 'replace' another body of people with a different title within an organisation, the end result is often very little different from where they started. Their explanation of what the Senate would be seems very much their explantion of what the Representative Council should be.

This ^
Fail, fail again, fail better.
workingmama
Team Member

Return to Professional/Employment Issues