DClinPsy project: What are your beliefs about mental health?

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.

DClinPsy project: What are your beliefs about mental health?

Postby emjayeff » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:24 pm

What are your beliefs about mental health?

I am a trainee clinical psychologist and I am currently looking to recruit people over the age of 18 to complete a short online survey about mental health stereotypes. This should take no longer than 15 minutes and your responses will help contribute to a questionnaire designed to measure the number of stereotypes activated at a given time. We hope this could be quite helpful when researching mental health stereotypes and stigma!

If you are interested, please follow this link to read the information sheet and consent form and provide contact details. I will then get in touch to complete the interview:
https://bathreg.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/ste ... l-health-2

If you would like to contact me with any queries about the research, you can contact me on m.foxhall@bath.ac.uk

Thank you for your time – your contribution is very much appreciated!

(Please note, this project is being conducted by Mia Foxhall and is supervised by Lorna Hogg at the University of Bath. The project has obtained ethical approval (including approval for online recruitment) from the Psychology Ethics Board at the University of Bath, ref: Ethics 16-231)
emjayeff

Re: DClinPsy project: What are your beliefs about mental hea

Postby maven » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:06 pm

That link says the study is closed, but if I cut and paste the link from that page I get to another page that appears to be open. One is labelled part 2, the other part 2* so neither looks like something you'd want a fresh participant for (who hasn't done part 1 of the survey). I'm confused :(

Also, will you not bias a study about stereotypes about mental health by surveying mental health professionals and psychology students? Or are you looking for stereotypes amongst those working with mental health?
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare
maven
Site Admin

Return to Academic/Research