PsyTweeps - get involved in a public engagement initiative!

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
Roz93

PsyTweeps - get involved in a public engagement initiative!

Post by Roz93 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how many people on here follow NHS on twitter - but they have a great public engagement initiative where a different employee takes over their account every week! You might remember that Dr Ben Ilan-Zion (clinical psychologist) took over the account for a week last year.

There are also accounts (like BioTweeps and AstroTweeps) where people involved in specific areas of research/academia take over twitter accounts for a week to boost public engagement in the field. I was thinking that it'd be great if Psychology had a dedicated account for something similar.

That said, I've made a twitter account - @PsyTweeps - and am looking for contributors who are interested in doing week-long takeovers for the account (and also if anyone is interested in following!). Anyone studying psychology (at any level), or working in any area of psychology (clinical, academic, applied etc) is welcome to contribute. Drop a message on here or at @PsyTweeps on Twitter for more info!

Cheers :)
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

Roz93

Re: PsyTweeps - get involved in a public engagement initiati

Post by Roz93 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 am

Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to everyone who's already gotten involved as we approach 500 followers! So glad that we've been able to spread psychological knowledge and reduce mental health stigma across Twitter. Cheers!
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.