Paediatric neuropsychology team

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
workingmama
Team Member

Paediatric neuropsychology team

Post by workingmama » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello all,

Relevant to some service development potentially happening in the future at my own place of employment, I was hoping to pick people's brains. I am bringing together the reasons FOR and AGAINST including paediatric neuropsychologists fully into the paediatric health team, as opposed to being 'sistered' with that team. I'd be particularly keen to hear from anyone working in neuro (adult or child). Currently there is an adult health psych team, a paeds health psych team, and a neuro team (adult and child).

Reasons FOR inclusion:
Similar age group
Similar funding streams

Reasons AGAINST:
Often quite different issues and aims (a one off neuropscyh assessment and report with recommendations as opposed to longer term therapy), making it hard to use common outcome measures.
Might get 'lost' in the much larger therapists team (only very few neuros relative to therapeutic clin psychs)
Training needs differ
Fail, fail again, fail better.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf