Self-help resources

Anything that does not fit into the above categories, but is related to psychology, including discussion of public and media perceptions of psychology, satire related to psychology, etc.
mayakuhl

Self-help resources

Post by mayakuhl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello fellow psychologists

I'm in the process of developing a step-down group for clients who are leaving secondary mental health services. The idea being to help them have a smoother transition out of services and into the big bad world. Does anyone know of any good self-help tools? Ideally websites or smartphone apps. I've used this one before https://www.get.gg/selfhelp.htm, anything along similar lines would be great.

For meditation I know Headspace is good, but it does cost quite a bit, so any others that are cheaper/ free of charge that anyone knows of would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your support!

M

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
lakeland

Re: Self-help resources

Post by lakeland » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:29 pm

The NTW self help guides are pretty good.

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:24 pm

I was going to say the NTW ones too!

mayakuhl

Post by mayakuhl » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Thank you, just had a quick look they look really clearly laid out!! Appreciate your responses, thanks

PolkaDot

Post by PolkaDot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Maybe try the centre for clinical interventions (cci) website. Very good resources!