5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Postby MindfulPsych » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:01 am

1. I am absolutely exhausted.. feel like I need a good sleep!
2. Woken up feeling more exhausted than when I went to bed.. what am I doing in my sleep!? :oops:
3. Feeling nervous at the thought of the next few months while waiting anxiously.. refreshing my emails.
4. So proud of my lovely friend graduating from her doctorate
5. Is it Friyay yet!? :D
MindfulPsych

Postby bunnies » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:48 pm

1. whats happening with the funding for d clin pay?
2. Can't believe the application process is starting
3. Looking forward to starting my new job
4. Can I win the lottery now?
5. Weekend soon :alien:
bunnies

Postby lingua_franca » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 pm

1.) I have found a publisher for my monograph. :D I'm really glad to have the chance to publish in book form, as it wouldn't have been easy or fun to dice up a qualitative ethnography-based study that unfolded over years into a series of articles.
2.) I have bought the most beautiful shoes! I have to go to special shoe shops for people with a yeti gene, and as not many manufacturers cater to us, this means I'm always jostling with all the other desperate Bigfoot women out there over a limited selection of very limited edition shoes. I managed to snap up the last pair in my size and this feels like a bigger event than the publishing deal.
3.) By the time this year is out I will have attended five weddings. This matrimonial frenzy among my friends is getting a bit exhausting. Still, at least I have the footwear for it now.
4.) I have learnt that showerhead in French is pomme de douche. Literally, shower apple. I found this out because I am staying in France and I was trying to explain to my host that the showerhead had fallen off. She thought I was saying that the shower had injured my own head, and we were talking at cross-purposes for quite some time. It was like something out of 'Allo 'Allo.
5.) I love the chestnut paste/jam that is so common here. I've never seen it in England. I need to stock up on it to bring back with me.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

Postby MindfulPsych » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 am

1. I'm developing a cold.. my poor body really has been through a lot in the past couple of months :(
2. AP interview next week.. while being full of a cold. Hoping I don't pass it on to the interviewers!
3. Maybe this all means I deserve a holiday? :D
4. Feeling exhausted still. Possibly because I'm unwell.
5. On a positive note.. at least my lovely man bought me some sweets to keep me going! - a cue... to the snack draw!
MindfulPsych

Postby cascina » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:05 pm

1. Feeling reflective and a little sad as I would have been starting on the DClin this week had I not had to give up my place
2. A little peeved that I was not able to defer my place despite having valid reasons for not being able to start at this point - particularly as someone at another course was allowed to do so
3. Grateful I did not compromise my own and possibly my children's wellbeing by starting anyway even though I really really wanted to
4. Thinking how much I love autumn and how this will still be a wonderful year
5. Giving up chocolate for Stoptober
cascina

Postby CurlyHair » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:35 pm

1. I really should be transcribing interviews, but am instead watching Lip Sync Battles on YouTube.
2. Why is getting into my Apple account like getting into Fort Knox?
3. I have so much to do, but am procrastinating like a boss.
4. I think I'm probably just tired, maybe a bit of doing nothing will be good for me.
5. Might have a nap.
CurlyHair

Postby MindfulPsych » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 pm

1. I have found out that I've passed my university course.... such a huge relief!
2. Even if I don't get offered the post.. I'm incredibly grateful for the experience and I've noticed that I feel a bit more confident within myself and my skills.
3. Looking forward to reflecting on this morning a bit later on when I have some time for myself
4. I really do feel like I can make it.. :D
5. :D
MindfulPsych

Postby MindfulPsych » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:04 pm

1-5. I GOT OFFERED THE POSITION! :D :D :D :D
MindfulPsych

Postby sweetpea » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:41 pm

^ Ahhh! Congratulations, MindfulPsych! Many celebrations ahead for you tonight, I hope? :D

1. Managed 4 days on training before ending up in hospital for a week with a norovirus type thing and very unhappy kidneys (severe dehydration). Then the vein I had my IV in collapsed and went septic (so painful). Um. If bad things come in 3s, what is the third?! :shock:
2. Never eaten so many ginger biscuits in my life. Or toast. Or soup. Or rice. Ultimate bad tummy food.
3. Very appreciative of how supportive my course has been; both staff and cohort.
4. Initial placement visit on Wednesday, eeeek!
5. Need to sort a regular slot for my ongoing therapy appts once the induction block is finished. Studying stirs up so much "stuff" - and nope, not playing that game, not this time.
sweetpea

Postby MindfulPsych » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 am

[quote="sweetpea"]^ Ahhh! Congratulations, MindfulPsych! Many celebrations ahead for you tonight, I hope? :D
quote]

I was working till late... so no celebrating for me haha! :lol:

I do hope you're feeling better sweetpea.. it's horrible being poorly and having to have IV's.. make sure you look after yourself xx
MindfulPsych

Postby Victoriomantic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Massive congratulations MindfulPsych! Sweetpea, look after yourself and feel better soon! Cascina, I am sorry to hear that things haven't gone to plan but wishing you all the best.

1. Nervous but strangely excited to apply for clinical for the first time this year
2. Excited but nervous to start (official) driving lessons... need to get those in ASAP
3. Feeling very close to my boyfriend today
4. Counsellor is very happy with my progress and so am I. I think I've finally turned a corner again
5. Still need to sort my diet out...
Victoriomantic

Postby nomnom » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:22 am

1. I am exhausted. I don't remember the last time I felt like this. I am not sleeping, I don't feel like eating and thinking about anything just makes me want to crawl in to bed and just hide.

2. I don't know how much longer I can keep my sanity whilst holding things together for him. I have tried and he is trying but it is not enough and it is taking its toll. Why is it so hard?!

3. I really need to focus at work and university - it's the final year, I cannot afford and will not allow myself to be distracted. There is too much to lose.

4. I need a holiday, a break or just a few days off from the world. Any suggestions?

5. Breathe...
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'
nomnom

Postby workingmama » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:57 am

nomnom wrote:
2. I don't know how much longer I can keep my sanity whilst holding things together for him. I have tried and he is trying but it is not enough and it is taking its toll. Why is it so hard?!

I don't know who the 'he' is, but sometimes trying isn't ever going to be enough and you need to walk away. Even for a little while. Good luck. x
Fail, fail again, fail better.
workingmama
Team Member

Postby nomnom » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:34 pm

workingmama wrote:
nomnom wrote:

I don't know who the 'he' is, but sometimes trying isn't ever going to be enough and you need to walk away. Even for a little while. Good luck. x

He is what I would describe as a 'plot twist'.

Walking away isn't just an option for a while. It is all or nothing sort of situation.

Thank you xxx
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'
nomnom

Postby lingua_franca » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:48 pm

1.) I signed my publishing contract today and the editor and I are discussing cover images. :D This is exciting.
2.) I'm worried about my dad. He is the executor for my nana's will and he's so anxious about it. :( Some of the relatives are upset with what they have(n't) been bequeathed and they're fighting amongst themselves. He isn't sleeping properly from the stress of trying to sort it all out and today he was almost crying. I've rarely seen him like that before.
3.) I really love the recipe kit service I'm subscribed to. It's taken a lot of the stress out of cooking and has made it much easier to prepare something healthy and tasty every day. I like experimenting with all the different ideas the company sends.
4.) I have joined Childline as a volunteer counsellor and I'm impressed with the quality of training they provide. I hadn't expected it to be this thorough. I think I'm going to learn a lot.
5.) I'm stuck in a rut with a journal article and I've been avoiding it for weeks. I need to get on with it.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous: Off-topic