5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Postby Victoriomantic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Esuma wrote:This is my first attempt at the application and I have no idea what I’m doing / writing / what’s important or not :(

Good luck for your driving test!

Amen to that! Thank you for the luck :)

And thank you sweetpea. Definitely overthinking it. Had to go back to basics today and try again.
Victoriomantic

Postby MindfulPsych » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 am

1. Feeling deflated in that sometimes there is no recognition.. :(

2. I don't think I'm agreeing with this management style... our new colleagues are struggling without vital support & asking me to provide clinical supervision which isn't appropriate and could potentially cause further problems.

3. Listening to the radio this morning put a huge smile on my face.. sometimes you just need to sing your heart out to 90s tunes!

4. So grateful for my support at home

5. I'm still wondering what's going to happen in March.. Just need to stay focused for now!
MindfulPsych

Postby Esuma » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 pm

1.) Email from Clearing House asking whether I’m still continuing with my application as I haven’t submitted yet = complete panic. Still no further with the personal statements and time is really pressing on. I really underestimated this form.
2.) Seeing the downright advantage taking of graduates is really irritating...
3.) CQC next week, so much to do so little time!
4.) This work transport situation is getting ridiculous now. I need to pass my driving test ASAP
5.) Too much politics and mess at work is making me lose interest in turning up and doing my job. Never dreaded getting up in the morning as much as now. Overall blegh.
Esuma

Postby nomnom » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 pm

1. This last week has been really difficult. Things are really taking their toll on me and giving me anxiety when I am not an anxious person. He needs to come back and I need to tell him.

2. I am concerned that because my head is not in things, that I am not doing as much as I should be doing regarding work and university.

3. I don't want to start 2018 in this mindset. Something needs to change.

4. Thank God for family and friends!

5. STILL.SO.COLD.
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'
nomnom

Postby Victoriomantic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 pm

1. My academic referee just submitted her reference at 9:45pm on a Saturday - very kind

2. 530 characters to cut and it's done! Phew

3. Really hoping I pass my driving theory

4. I am getting too old for drama; two of my friends have fallen out over the most ridiculous thing and where a year ago I'd have waded in, I am just eye rolling now

5. 7 books behind on my reading challenge this year. Might not make it
Victoriomantic

Postby lingua_franca » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:42 am

1.) I've just submitted an application for a lectureship. It won't let me see the application now it's submitted, so I can't do my customary forensic search for typos, particularly cringeworthy phrases, and anything else I can torture myself over.
2.) So instead I am worrying that I accidentally uploaded the wrong files in place of my supporting documents. An embarrassing transcript of an IM conversation with my ex, or an old boarding pass, or a photo of me leaping around on my trampoline, or -
3.) A relative is in hospital with cancer. I think silly application worries are probably my head's way of trying to distract me from a much greater worry. :( This has stirred up all sorts of anxieties about my parents dying. They look so old these days.
4.) Speaking of death, it will be the first Christmas without my nana.
5.) I am going to cuddle down in my snuggly bed and be pragmatic.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

Postby sweetpea » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:27 am

1. I HATE this nausea.
2. These new meds had better work or I'll be staring down an endoscopy. :shock:
3. This term is feeling so long.
4. Is it Christmas yet?
5. TGIF. Like, seriously.
sweetpea

Postby BlueCat » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:45 pm

I got the job.
This means I will have a job after the end of March when my current contract ends.
It is the right grade, right number of hours, and right location.
It is permanent.
I am happy.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.
BlueCat
Site Admin

Postby Esuma » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:47 am

1.) Really wish Clearing House would stop with their helpful emails eminding me of the deadline! Still have 1000 characters to cut out... how do people do this?!
2.) NHS jobs have blanked out my application form and gotten rid of all past applications so I can’t copy the details across.... very annoying!!
3.) It’s a small and lovely world out there
4.) Could really have done with not being on my way to work right now, I guess the TOIL is nice...
5.) Anniversary weekend and my partner is sick... typical!
Esuma

Postby Victoriomantic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 pm

Congrats Blue Cat, sorry to hear that Lingua, get better soon Sweetpea! Good luck Esuma, we're in similar boats it seems :D

1. Passed my driving theory!

2. Got some new books coming from the Black Friday sale to treat myself for finishing therapy soon

3. Finishing therapy on Monday :shock: I am in so much more of a better place than this time last year

4. Thanking my lucky stars that there are still spaces available to book my practical driving test in time

5. I had finished the application, showed it to three people, now have a lot more to edit. Phew...
Victoriomantic

Postby Esuma » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Victoriomantic wrote:Congrats Blue Cat, sorry to hear that Lingua, get better soon Sweetpea! Good luck Esuma, we're in similar boats it seems :D...

It does sound like it! I’m also attempting to do my driving test ASAP! Though have failed more times than I care to confess :oops: I’m determined the next time I try I’ll do it! Have even been trying an experimental therapy from my partner’s mum to help! Congratulations on finishing therapy too, sounds like a lot going on at once
Esuma

Postby Victoriomantic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Esuma wrote:
Victoriomantic wrote:Congrats Blue Cat, sorry to hear that Lingua, get better soon Sweetpea! Good luck Esuma, we're in similar boats it seems :D...

It does sound like it! I’m also attempting to do my driving test ASAP! Though have failed more times than I care to confess :oops: I’m determined the next time I try I’ll do it! Have even been trying an experimental therapy from my partner’s mum to help! Congratulations on finishing therapy too, sounds like a lot going on at once

Yeah, it really is a lot! Driving, theory, application, finishing therapy, working full time... But thank you :) I'm looking forward to one or two weekends off from next week before I start thinking about selection tests and potential interviews. I'm sure you'll get your pass soon, experimental therapy sounds interesting, I hope it helps. Good luck!
Victoriomantic

Postby sweetpea » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Esuma wrote:3.) It’s a small and lovely world out there

^ I’m having the weirdest sense of deja-vu... You didn’t happen to be creeped out by a random girl on the bus the other day, did you? :shock: (If not, I’ll explain! Very funny story!) :lol:
sweetpea

Postby Esuma » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:18 pm

sweetpea wrote:

^ I’m having the weirdest sense of deja-vu... You didn’t happen to be creeped out by a random girl on the bus the other day, did you? :shock: (If not, I’ll explain! Very funny story!) :lol:

:lol: :lol: How funny!! It really is a small world!!
Esuma

Postby sweetpea » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Esuma wrote:
sweetpea wrote:

:lol: :lol: How funny!! It really is a small world!!

Small, weird and wonderful. How very lovely to “meet” you again! :lol: :D

/threadjack
sweetpea

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous: Off-topic