5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Postby Peach » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Come on, you can't leave us in suspense - share the story :P
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.
Peach

Postby sweetpea » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh, you’d like me to expand on my cringe-inducing awkwardness? :lol: :oops:

I overheard a phone conversation on the bus on the way home from placement the other evening - someone talking about applying for clinical training. Bearing in mind that I’m fantastically socially anxious, I wasn’t going to say anything... Until said person got off at the same stop as me and I suddenly found myself blurting out that I’m a trainee and good luck with their application, etc. In the dark. In the middle of nowhere. Not stalker material at all, right? Aaand then we bumped into each other the next morning, despite having never seen each other prior to the previous day. Now, this evening, something in Esuma’s post sent my spidey senses tingling and wondered if it was the same person! :shock:

If I haven’t now completely creeped the poor lass out, I think we might grab a coffee some time. :P
sweetpea

Postby Esuma » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 pm

sweetpea wrote:Small, weird and wonderful. How very lovely to “meet” you again! :lol: :D

/threadjack

Ha yes such a wonderful funny world, nice to ‘meet’ you again! :D It’s so funny having ‘seen’ you on this forum before! Right shall stop hijacking the thread but let’s definitely meet for that coffee soon!

Edit: just seen the posts before I posted mine - don’t worry completely not creeped out, always nice to meet a lovely fellow ClinPsy person!
Esuma

Postby Victoriomantic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Wow, pretty cool you two!

1-4. It's submitted!

5. No theory to revise for, form submitted... now what do I do with my free time? :lol:
Victoriomantic

Postby Esuma » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Victoriomantic wrote:Wow, pretty cool you two!

1-4. It's submitted!

5. No theory to revise for, form submitted... now what do I do with my free time? :lol:

Congratulations!!!

1 - 5.) Application is submitted but... Clearing House website is crashing and not letting me pay my processing fee :shock: :cry:
Esuma

Postby Victoriomantic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Congratulations to you too! That sounds super stressful though. I hope it processes soon!
Victoriomantic

Postby Esuma » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Victoriomantic wrote:Congratulations to you too! That sounds super stressful though. I hope it processes soon!

Thank you! I had to give up last night after an hour of trying but it worked straight away this morning, not sure if the site was playing up or it was a case of too many people! It feels so strange to have finally applied for the first time, very surreal!
Esuma

Postby Victoriomantic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Ah great :) And yeah, tell me about it! I can't wait to join the Great Big Progress Thread 2018 when admin set it up :lol:
Victoriomantic

Postby Marlowe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 am

1. The cookies are nearly gone.
2. I should eat fewer cookies.
3. But they're so good.
4. Is it wrong to really enjoy reading that new memoir about death and addiction?
5. Look at that blue sky.
Marlowe

Postby lingua_franca » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:38 pm

1.) I am feverish, very woozy, and feel as if a sentient cheese-grater with decided anti-Lingua sentiment has lodged itself in my throat. :( I've had to postpone a four-day work trip I was supposed to make tomorrow. I only hope they check their e-mails before sending someone to meet me.
2.) I met someone at a conference with really interesting research and e-mailed him a few days later to ask him to let me know when his book comes out. He replied by inviting me for coffee, and the tone of his e-mail definitely seems more social than professional. I'm not sure whether to read this as romantic interest or not and I'm feeling like an awkward teenager over my response.
3.) Luckily the lack of voice caused by the cheese grater and the room-spinny wooziness mean I won't be leaving my house for a day or two, so I don't have to apply myself to that question just now.
4.) I want to get a cat. Two cats. If they were two Maine Coons, I could name one Secondary Coon.
5.) Even though I'm feeling a bit gruesome, having a weekend without doing any academic reading or other work is nice. I've been curled up in bed rereading old favourites that I loved when I was a child and slurping lots of tea.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

Postby MindfulPsych » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm

1. Trying to forget about the application for now.. brain is constantly thinking about it.
2. Feeling excited at the prospect of clinical training.. (see my brain is constantly thinking about it!)
3. Might have to use some CBT skills to help me.
4. I really do need some annual leave... hurry up Christmas! :D
5. It's sad to see when one of my work colleagues leaves because of being bullied by someone else & you feel hopeless.
MindfulPsych

Postby firegal » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm

lingua_franca wrote:4.) I want to get a cat. Two cats. If they were two Maine Coons, I could name one Secondary Coon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel the need to ensure this pun is fully appreciated for its excellence.
firegal

Postby MRE95 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:50 am

1. I am so nervous about starting a new bank role and I am aware that I am putting off booking my first shift because of this, after waiting so long to start!
2. Despite the nerves I am also really excited and looking forward to learning lots.
3. The confidence boost that being invited to my first Assistant Psychologist interview should bring has been so dampened by the fact that I cannot attend the interview.
4. Why couldn't this have happened a few months, weeks ago even?!
5. I need to try not to let this get me down and instead remind myself that what I do have lined up is going to be really interesting, rewarding, and give me tons of valuable experience, just as an AP post would.
MRE95

Postby lingua_franca » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 am

firegal wrote:
lingua_franca wrote:4.) I want to get a cat. Two cats. If they were two Maine Coons, I could name one Secondary Coon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel the need to ensure this pun is fully appreciated for its excellence.

It's rather good, isn't it? :P

1.) There seems to be hardly any snow round here...apart from on my road, which has a nice slippery layer of the stuff helpfully punctuated by patches of black ice. I went base over apex last night and my glasses broke. :(
2.) I have an assessment for therapy in a few days. I have mixed feelings about this.
3.) My living room is a mess of paperwork and Christmas shopping that needs wrapping, and tidying it is not appealing. One advantage of having a cello teacher who comes to my house is that it forces me to do it, even though she's messier than I am.
4.) What shall I cook tonight, a nice hearty chilli or this new Malaysian recipe I haven't attempted yet?
5.) It will be the first Christmas since my nana died. It feels bittersweet. I'm glad she's out of pain, but it will be strange without her.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

Postby nomnom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:37 pm

1. He wants one more week. After everything. I have nothing left to give after this.

2. People are a hard work.

3. I can't wait to get home and breathe.

4. I really need to do some university work...at some point.

5. STILL.SO.COLD.
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'
nomnom

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous: Off-topic