5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Postby nomnom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:05 pm

1. He is going away for 3 weeks. Timing could be better and just because it feels awful doesn't mean it may not be a good thing...right?

2. I really need to focus. There is too much at stake here!

3. On the plus side distracting myself over the weekend with a spa and afternoon did work. Very temporarily.

4. I need to plan and bring the attention back on me - work, study and time with family/friends.

5. I really need to sleep! Any suggestions?!
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'
nomnom

Postby lingua_franca » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

1.) My nana died two months ago and her will has stirred up horrible vitriol and greed in the family. I feel so taken aback by it all. When I was nine years old I bought her a traditional dancer's bracelet from the Middle East, where my parents and I lived at the time, worth about £1.50. She never wore it, but she treasured it because it was from me. When we were tidying the house after the funeral, my dad found the bracelet and gave it to my ten-year-old niece, my brother's daughter. Now my aunt (dad's sister) and her daughter are saying that he stole a valuable bracelet from Nana's estate and made a child complicit in the crime, and that they will involve the law to get it back. :shock: On one level it will be quite funny if they do shell out legal fees only to discover that the bracelet is cheap costume jewellery, but on another it's really upsetting that they are being so grasping and mistrustful to the point where they would accuse their own near relative of being a thief.
2.) I'm really worried about my dad. He was almost crying the other day, and I know he isn't sleeping properly. It's his mother who has died and acting as the will's executor on top of the grief is horrible for him.
3.) I'm off to a friend's wedding. I hope I can stop worrying about the family stuff when I'm there.
4.) The #MeToo thing feels really empowering and encouraging. I've never seen so many women enter into a loud and public conversation about their experiences of harassment before.
5.) I hope this flight is smooth and passes swiftly. I always feel airsick and quite claustrophobic in planes.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.
lingua_franca

Postby Randomswirls » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am

1 placement starts today
2 it's been a really rocky start to uni as my grandfather passed away Monday night
3 despite this I'm loving the course and my cohort
4 but missing my old life and friends
5 I'm so tired and must vamoose out of bed so im not late
Randomswirls

Postby Esuma » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 am

1.) work stuff at the minute is getting too much - I feel like the lovely place that I work is being destroyed gradually
2.) Very much lost all motivation both in and out of work
3.) found some jobs to apply to but 2 is meaning I'm struggling to get started... I feel like I'm so done with the process, the rejection etc
4.) my doctorate application is very much not finished... need to get myself into gear and now
5.) so fed up of constant tiredness
Esuma

Postby nomnom » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 am

1. POA - focus on work + concentrate on uni work + book a holiday + go home (no place like home turf to get some bearings).

2. It is so cold. And grey. I don't cope well with winter anyway but this time it is impacting on me much more significantly.

3. I need to breathe. It will be ok. If not, I will be ok.

4. Breathe.

5. I need to sleep. Still.
nomnom

Postby MindfulPsych » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:45 am

1. I literally have designer bags under my eyes.. so tired.

2. When something clearly isn't working at work.. nobody wants to hear it but you know something needs to change and be improved on.

3. Looking forward to the weekend.. no thinking about work!

4. Might carve a pumpkin this weekend.. considering my neighbours have a witch hanging by their garden and every time to walk past it make me jump :lol:

5. I just have my fingers crossed for next year and the application season.
MindfulPsych

Postby workingmama » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:32 pm

1. I really really love my job, even though it sucks my brain like a vampire.
2. Loving M&S velvet-y/fleecy pyjamas. Possibly the least sexy item of clothing designed ever, but just like living in a duvet.
3. Weather/light situation is a bit meh this time of year.
4. I think I'm becoming a bit obsessed with following random Mumsnet threads. It's a time leech.
5. Looking forward to having more sleep time some year soon.
Fail, fail again, fail better.
workingmama
Team Member

Postby nomnom » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:49 am

1. Finally have confirmed deadlines for the final year of the CBP course - COUNTDOWN BEGINS!

2. I need to make a plan to ensure I remain on track like last year with minimum distractions.

3. I am kind of excited to get to end of this journey. For the first time in a while, I actually don't know what I will do after...

4. Need to stop spending money :shock:

5. Yay sleep.
nomnom

Postby MindfulPsych » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:21 pm

1-5. I've officially submitted my doctorate application for the first time... fingers crossed! :D
MindfulPsych

Postby firegal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 am

1. Really enjoying placement number 2, and the clinical work hasn't even started yet (hoping that doesn't change my opinion of the placement too much)
2. Cannot believe how containing it is to have an actual desk to call my own rather than hot desking!
3. I am in such a different place personally and emotionally compared to where I was last year, I feel so much more content with where I'm at, which feels weird to say given that this time last year I was all "Yay! I'm finally on training!"
4. Less than stellar feedback on my last bit of coursework, but I've become more accepting of the "it's still a pass" attitude
5. Looking forward to a gig with an old friend tonight, my shoulders are already killing me and I'm sure tomorrow morning my neck will be too, but life is good :)
firegal

Postby nomnom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm

1. It has been over 3 weeks and he still has not said when or if he is coming back.

2. But I feel really blessed at the moment - things at work and university are moving along nicely despite the busy time of the year. I just hope it continues.

3. Going back home was lovely - nice break away but it needed to be longer. It has made me look forward going back over Christmas.

4. I need to get back in to a routine - not eating and not being friends with the gym can't be helping my already disturbed sleep.

5. IT.IS.SO.COLD.
nomnom

Postby Victoriomantic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:20 pm

1 - 4. 700, 750 and 3000 characters are not a lot. Not a lot at all. Setting a tone when writing about yourself is hard. As is knowing what to include and how to be reflective.

5. I hope I pass my driving test.
Victoriomantic

Postby nomnom » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 pm

1. This new dynamic between me and him is strange. Its not as simple as you either want to be with me or you don't. We had a very revealing conversation yesterday and I am hoping this encourages him to make a decision that reflects his goals rather than his fears.

2. I really need to focus on my university work - it is so important that this year is mistake-free.

3. I am looking forward to the next few weeks leading up to Christmas and then going home - yay!

4. It is always the small things I lean on when things are not going smoothly - like a cup of tea, comfy pjs/socks, chopin spring waltz, watching old school disney movies etc.

5. IT.IS.STILL.SO.COLD.
nomnom

Postby Esuma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Victoriomantic wrote:1 - 4. 700, 750 and 3000 characters are not a lot. Not a lot at all. Setting a tone when writing about yourself is hard. As is knowing what to include and how to be reflective.

5. I hope I pass my driving test.

This is my first attempt at the application and I have no idea what I’m doing / writing / what’s important or not :(

Good luck for your driving test!
Esuma

Postby sweetpea » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

^ Good luck with your applications, Esuma and Victoriomantic! Try not to overthink it, as counterintuitive as that is!

1) Really struggling with a tricky first placement.
2) Feeling ungrateful to be counting off the weeks having worked so hard to get on training in the first place.
3) Trying to breathe deep the beautiful autumn weather that I love so much.
4) I also love Moz the Monster. Simple things.
5) Can I mention my excitement for the "C" word yet??
sweetpea

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous: Off-topic