Helpful client resources

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

Re: Helpful client resources

Postby roozie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 pm

The primary mental health service I used to work for often used these Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS self-help leaflets, either for guided self-help or just to recommend to clients:

http://www.ntw.nhs.uk/pic/selfhelp/

I can't see that these have been posted before on this thread (sorry if they have and I've missed them!) Most of them are available in printed or audio format which is useful :)
roozie

Postby gsr491 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 pm

missychar81 wrote:Does anyone know of any links to resources, leaflets, worksheets, websites etc in foreign languages?

I'm increasingly noticing in my work place that a lack of such materials means that those whose English is limited are in effect receiving a different service to those who aren't. It would be great to be able to provide something of use to these clients, especially when they have some understanding and it feels like something in their own language would just facilitate the conversation a bit more to a point of usefulness for them.

Thanks in advance!

Following from this, does anyone have any materials translated to Albanian? I have managed to get hold of a PHQ9 & GAD7, but nothing else. I have looked at the websites previously suggested but they don't have anything.
I am specifically looking for psychoeducation materials about anxiety, worry, low mood and relaxation, but anything would be appreciated!
gsr491

Postby ctdoc » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 am

HI all,

Does anyone know of any good resources to help with concentration problems?

I'm working with an adult who has issues with poor memory & difficulty retaining information.

Any help is much appreciated!
ctdoc

Postby astra » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 am

ctdoc wrote:HI all,

Does anyone know of any good resources to help with concentration problems?

I'm working with an adult who has issues with poor memory & difficulty retaining information.

Any help is much appreciated!

You probably need to be discussing a therapy plan in supervision, thus identifying what sort of resources you need first.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn
astra

Postby lizzabadger » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Concentration problems are quite difficult to help.

Try the Headway information sheets, brain injury workbook by powell and malia.

basically it is a question of working at best time of day free from distractions and gradually building up the time they concentrate for.

Also making sure stress is low, sleep is good etc.

What are the cause of the problems in your client's case?

Sorry this is a late reply - just seen post.
lizzabadger

Postby redheadgingerbread » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi,
Does anyone have any CBT resources for PTSD in Hungarian or Slovakian or is any one able to direct me to any links please?
redheadgingerbread

Postby lism » Tue May 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic - Professor Dumbledor
lism

Postby nettyb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:16 pm

There's some fab stabilisation self help handouts here for clients who have experienced trauma.
nettyb

Previous

Return to Clinical Issues