Putting WISC-V materials online- illegal or not?

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

Putting WISC-V materials online- illegal or not?

Postby Moonshine25 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Just wondering what people's thoughts about this were?

As far as I remember from when I used the WISC-V as an assistant in CAMHS the WISC-V materials are protected and should not be shared in the public domain, also I thought the results are only meant to be interpreted and reported by a qualified psychologist.

I was quite surprised to see the following 'training' video on youtube, particularly as the administrator is making some errors and it is unclear what her professional role is. It looks like another psychologist has spotted this and left a (quite harsh!) comment pointing out the mistakes :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVzMxFTcWQ

I was quite surprised to see this video and many others also showing the full WISC-V administration. Doesn't this break copyright law?
Moonshine25

Re: Putting WISC-V materials online- illegal or not?

Postby persephone56 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:30 pm

I would imagine that it most certainly does violate copyright law, and Pearson would not be happy if they knew videos like that were online.
persephone56

Postby laurenr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Moonshine25 wrote:Just wondering what people's thoughts about this were?

As far as I remember from when I used the WISC-V as an assistant in CAMHS the WISC-V materials are protected and should not be shared in the public domain, also I thought the results are only meant to be interpreted and reported by a qualified psychologist.

I was quite surprised to see the following 'training' video on youtube, particularly as the administrator is making some errors and it is unclear what her professional role is. It looks like another psychologist has spotted this and left a (quite harsh!) comment pointing out the mistakes :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVzMxFTcWQ

I was quite surprised to see this video and many others also showing the full WISC-V administration. Doesn't this break copyright law?

Have you reported this to Pearson? I think you're right, this could be quite dangerous to the validity of the test.
laurenr

Postby Alexander » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Yep. The test's criterion validity is totally undermined if the test questions are publically available. I'm sure Pearson would be very grateful were you to email them the video url and Youtube account name.
Alexander

Return to Clinical Issues