Assessing impact of psychological skills interventions

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

Assessing impact of psychological skills interventions

Postby mazzz123 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi all,

I'm keen to pick your brains please! I have started work within a (non-psychology) staff team who on the whole have very limited training in / experience of using even quite basic psychological skills. Part of my role is to deliver teaching / training, supervision, reflective practive groups, joint working etc with the aim of up-skilling the team and encouraging a higher level of psychological mindedness.

I am wanting to assess the impact of this (partly to make a business case for more psychology hours), but am at a bit of a loss as to what measures I could use. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd thought about using qualitative responses and Likert scales to assess confidence, but can anyone think of anything else I could include or use?

Or (she said hopefully) would anyone have any measures they use which they wouldn't mind sharing?! :wink:

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer! :D
mazzz123

Re: Assessing impact of psychological skills interventions

Postby maven » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:18 am

Hi Mazzz123, are you a qualified CP? We have a qualified peer consultation group within the site that might be a good place to ask. Many of us will have done similar things, but it is hard to pitch a reply without knowing your level of responsibility in the service.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare
maven
Site Admin

Postby mazzz123 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Maven,
Yes, I'm a qualified CP. How would I go about joining the peer consultation group?
Many thanks,
Mazzz
mazzz123

Postby miriam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 pm

You email clinpsyforum@gmail.com from a work email address with details of your HCPC registration and your forum username.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
miriam
Site Admin

Return to Clinical Issues