Hello: Introduce yourself here!

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.

Hello: Introduce yourself here!

Postby sally » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:14 pm

I can't believe this hasn't been done already - but as I'm new round here, just thought I'd say hi. :D Having read Miriam's 'professional identity online' post I feel that I can safely reveal that my favourite colour is turquoise and I don't own any pets. Nice to meet you all.
sally

Postby Kari » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:51 pm

Hi! I've been a bit scared to post on here so thanks for taking the initiative :lol:
I love all colours and I have a kitten called Betty- who's very much like my avater :lol:
I'm not too sure how this new site works yet :?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this. Emo Phillips
Kari

Postby Dr.Dot » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Hello back,

I'm quite new too, though, have been busy posting already. I can divulge, that I like faries, rianbows, poetry, and a bit of magic now and then. My favourite colour is pink, but I wish it were red.
Dorothy: Now which way do we go?
Dr.Dot

Postby miriam » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:03 pm

Hi, I'm Miriam.

My favourite colours are warm dark ones (chocolate brown, burgandy, navy, bottle green, purple) and if I was a fruit I'd be a guava (actually rather small and sweet, but not to everyone's taste).

I have a black and white cat, and a few fish in the pond. I like to do creative stuff, play the flute (but not very well) and I collect Art Deco pottery.

Oh, and my favourite pizza topping is spinach and ricotta.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
miriam
Site Admin

Postby Elsie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi guys

My name is Elsie, and I am a chocoholic. (thank heavens I run!) My favourite colours are pink, blue and green, and if you were on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, you would definitely want me as your phone-a-friend to answer anything about pop culture, films, or useless facts. Oh, and don't tell anyone else on this site (it's a big secret), but I hope to be a Clinical Psychologist one day.

Did I mention that my friends and family tell me that I make the worst jokes?! :wink:

Kari - this forum works the same as other similar forums - so jump in and post on some threads! Start some debates! The big difference on this forum is that there is an upfront moderation strategy which you read before you sign up, and the wiki section has been created to enable you to have access to a wide variety of useful ClinPsy info at your fingertips which everyone is welcome to contribute to. Feel free to ask questions about the site and one of the many forum or wiki mods will reply.
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
-~-Maya Angelou-~-
Elsie

Postby Kari » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks- it's the Wiki thing that I don't quite understand :oops: I should read the blurb about it :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this. Emo Phillips
Kari

Postby Elsie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:17 pm

For anyone who is wondering how the wiki works, the blurb can be found here

Who's next to introduce themselves then? :D
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
-~-Maya Angelou-~-
Elsie

Postby russ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi, I'm Russ.

I have a hard job picking my favourite colours. Generally orange at present though, but always blue.

I live in a lovely flat with a balcony over an A Road, enjoy various arts, energy work, spas, wine and chocolate (without running).

Pepperoni for me.

I like dark arthouse films, This Life, The Apprentice and lots of BBC Comedy.
russ

Postby Rach » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi. I'm Rach. I am currently studying for my (4) A levels of which psychology is one. I hope to study applied psychology next year but need scary grades and am thinking about clinical psychology after that - but that's at least four years away and goodness knows some of the scary stuff on here is making me re-think it all... :wink:

My favourite colour is probably sky blue (nice sky, not icky rainy sky). My favourite pizza topping is ham and pineapple or chicken. I love chick flicks, psychological thrillers (Copycat being a firm favourite!) and movies that make you ponder. I have a cat and there's another one in my house.

I have procrastinating down to a wonderful fine art and should be writing an essay comparing the biological and psychological approaches to schizophrenia...
Rach

Postby Mr Ben » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi, I am Ben,

I like Green as it is calming and relaxing (apparently some bright spark (probably a Psychologist ;)) found that 'green'boards were better than 'black'boards because they are nicer and easier to look at. Unfortunately, this guys success in aethetically pleasing board making was short lived as soon after, whiteboards, without the cough inducing chalk, were invented...poor sod.

I live in limbo-land between Reading and Oxford, since I am almost out of halls of residence, but living at the parents', too - until I can find somewhere worth spending rent money on...

I like a good meaty pizza - but not too spicy.

I recently went to a fancy dress party and dressed up as Mr Benn - it was ace. :D

I also would quite like to know what 'energy work' is.
just...keep.........going...
Mr Ben

Postby choirgirl » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:09 am

Hi, I'm Choirgirl (this is not my real name),

My favourite colours are purple and red, which is evident in my wardrobe (I don't suit pastels.... I tried to do the high-fashion 'grey' thing over winter, just looked like I was anaemic, or wearing school uniform :oops: ). I love buying bags and shoes, and am today wearing red sparkly Dorothy-type pumps :D

I sing second soprano in a choir, and occasionally perform solo numbers in our concerts. I love musicals - my favourites are Les Miserables and Easter Parade (which was on TV on Monday, hurray! Easter ain't Easter without Easter Parade :wink: )

I love Ben & Jerry's ice-cream, especially Phish Food, and bear slightly more of a resemblance to a tub of B&J's than I would ideally like. I do dancercise to try & combat this.

Pineapple juice and a packet of salt'n'vinegar Hula Hoops is the best hangover cure I have discovered to date.

And I am Member #1 of the Bridget Jones Club, dedicated to providing consolation and support to all those who are finding that the only nice blokes left out there are attached or gay :roll: New members always welcome.... :D
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach
choirgirl

Postby Dr.Dot » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:40 am

choirgirl wrote:...and am today wearing red sparkly Dorothy-type pumps :D

:shock: :evil: :wink:

But can I be #2 of the Bridget club?
Dorothy: Now which way do we go?
Dr.Dot

Postby Elsie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 am

#3 right here
-~-Maya Angelou-~-
Elsie

Postby escapee » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:09 am

Hi, I'm Escapee,

My favourite colour is dark red (like wine) but recently I've started to like blue's and purples more too. My least favourite colour is green (except nature).

I like Ben & Jerrys ice cream too, my favourite is Dublin mudslide (which all of the shops near me seem to have sold out of). Though Baileys Haagen Daas isn't far behind.

I love reading - pretty much anything I can get my hands on - though pretty language puts me off - I'm struggling with the language in cloud atlas atm.

I like cats, I really dislike being cold, so tend to prefer summer, though I like winter when it's snowy and I'm nice and snug inside!

I feel like I'm writing a profile for a dating agency! :)
escapee

Postby kronikle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:39 am

Escapee, you forgot to include the "GSOH"!

Hi, I'm Kronikle,

I came to Psychology quite late on in my career and certainly don't have a "conventional" background for clinical training. I am considering applyng, but when this will be is anyone's guess as I'm curently working as research fellow and bidding for funds to conduct projects in several areas of mental health research.

I have an arts background but just completed my PhD in a health psychology domain.

I like: reading (thrillers mainly), walking, anything that poses as chocolate! I also play the piano whever time permits!
kronikle

Next

Return to This website and forum, plus Aspire