Hello: Introduce yourself here!

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.

Re: Hello: Introduce yourself here!

Postby BenJMan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Welcome rch24 and Alexthepink :) Good to have you on board, it sounds like you will both make valuable members of our community!
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Postby SammmBarton » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Hello, I am new on here (as we all were once) and attempting to orient myself around the site.

I have done the traditional undergrad in Psychology and currently studying on a Health Psychology MSc and working as an Assistant Psychologist in a residential school for autism and challenging behaviour.
My favourite colour is blue, my favourite genre of music is rock and I want two Labradors! D:
SammmBarton

Postby marshmallow2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi All,

I am new here and already finding this website very interesting! I have especially enjoyed reading the "a day in the life of..." under the wiki section.

I have studied an undergrad Psychology with Clinical Psychology degree and during my third year I started working at a residential school for children (and now young adults) with autism, learning difficulties & complex needs. During this time I volunteered as an Assistant Psychologist on site and eventually applied for and joined the team permanently.

I have really enjoyed the time I have spent working with the children and young adults at my current employment and I look forward to hearing more about other's experiences on this forum.

:-)
marshmallow2

Postby Liv » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:39 am

Hello new people, welcome to the forum. :)
Liv

Postby Piranha1981 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi,
I'm currently considering a Psychology conversion course in order to make a career change. I'm a civil servant but on a career break for another year looking after my two children. I'm 35 and it feels like now is the time to (start to) make the career change. I'm probably going to be posting about conversion courses and how best to gain relevant work experience when also working and bringing up a small family. I'm interested in clinical, educational and occupational I think. But very early days.
Piranha1981

Postby mm89 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker but thought I'd get in on the conversation and debates! I've applied for training this year for the first time and have found a lot of the advice on here really useful. It's also nice to see people who've got onto training through such varied routes, particularly as I'm a 'non-standard' applicant myself (male with no AP/RA/etc posts).
mm89

Postby Khadija » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I have observed the forum and watched on for some time, but have finally decided to join! I am a part time AP, currently completing my masters thesis and soon to begin another AP post alongside my current one.

I am hoping to get involved in some of the interesting discussions on here and look forward to speaking to fellow applicants, colleagues, trainees etc.

:)
Khadija

Postby Hopeful2016 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:07 am

Hello :D I am a Research Assistant, Bank HCA and also volunteer for a charity for people with Autism
Hopeful2016

Postby reishi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Hello there.
I am an international scholarship student who will start an MSc course this September. I am also planning to apply DClinPsy courses which are self-funded. My scholarship lets me undertake a doctoral degree but I then have to go back to my country and work for the state for a set period of time. Studying the DClinPsy at UK is my dream for a very long time, so I am desperate to get accepted (: Psychology is my second major, I studied another course first and have worked for many years.
My fav colour is purple :lol: I also adore some shades of blue and green.

I am here to get anything I can before I apply for the courses and familiarize myself with the British ways and NHS.

Thanks for having me :wink:
"Ever since psychoanalysis came up, everybody's ill more or less."
reishi

Postby crissienl » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Hello,

My name is Cristina.
I am a clinical psychologist from the Netherlands and I am pretty much interested in following a PsyD.
Right now am looking at the different Universities and try to choose the top 4.. :roll:
Any advise or tips are welcome.. Am really "NEW" in here! :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance, Cris.
crissienl

Postby kazzie89 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I have long been a fan of clinpsy but for some reason never took the plunge to register! There's no getting rid of me now :)

I'm currently about to start my first AP position (part time) on Thursday. I'm so excited but naturally terrified XD
I'm lucky that I've already been offered another part time position alongside this to conduct risk assessments ( I'd like to think this is due to my excellent work ethic, however, I think it's actually because this post is at my previous employment and most professionals are not fans of visiting there :D )

I have a Psychology with Criminology degree and a Masters in Psychological Wellbeing and Mental Health. For the past 18 months I have worked as Nursing Assistant on a Low secure Adult Forensic Mental Health Ward.

I would love to be able to do a road trip through America and my favourite colour is Blue :)
kazzie89

Postby scott54 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, as an active user (sounds more like a confession than I thought it would).

I graduated in 2013 with a 2.1, since then I have been a support worker, an occupational facilitator (fancy term for increasing engagement in meaningful activities) and I'm currently working in an AP post (adult/autism).

I applied this year, however did not get any interviews :(

Maybe next year, eh?

Also, I look forward to conversing and sharing the journey with you all (p.s. I'm do tend to sing a lot on long journeys)

:)
scott54

Postby ChipChip » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:48 am

Hello :)

I've posted a few times and lurked for a long time before that but realised yesterday that I've never actually introduced myself (how rude)!

I'm 29, I graduated in 2009, did a MSc in Health Psychology part-time 2010-2012 and have worked as a support worker with young adults with severe autism, learning disabilities and complex needs, as a therapy assistant in private adult male mental health and currently as a clinical data analyst for a company that supports people with autism and learning disabilities. I've also had a variety of volunteer roles and currently volunteer for Cruse as a bereavement support worker the training for which I have found to be amazing for my reflective skills.

I am passionate about autism and learning disabilities and supporting people who display challenging behaviour, who have complex needs and/or communication difficulties. I'm also interested in how to support staff who support individual's displaying challenging behaviour and this is part of my current role.

Personally I am obsessed with guinea pigs (I've got two, plus a rabbit and a budgie), I'm married, my favourite colour is green and I also like to knit whilst watching American TV dramas like Greys Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder and Criminal Minds.

This is also me procrastinating so really I should get on with what I'm meant to be doing haha!

Chip x
ChipChip

Postby Campion » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Hello to everyone!

Just to say it's nice to have all you newcomers on board and I do hope you find what you're looking for here. I also hope you all feel comfortable enough to start a new thread and ask if you can't find what you need (although the search function is your friend on this site, a whole lot has been discussed and referencing it helps!) Don't be backward in coming forward as we're a cheerful crew on the whole...

Well, the others are, I'm a bit grumpy. :twisted:

Campion.
'Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people.' - Saki.
Campion

Postby Pigeon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Hello everyone!

Having intermittently stalked the forums over the past few years, I have finally taken the plunge and joined! The site really has proved a godsend at times, and so first off, a massive thanks to everyone involved. :)

I have a BSc in psychology and an MSc in research, and currently work part-time as an assistant psychologist, and part-time as a research assistant, which takes me up to full-time hours. I really enjoy my work, and am passionate about the areas I work in, although everything is soon to change as this year I have been fortunate enough to secure a place on the DClin! I will post more on my journey on the relevant forums.

Thanks for having me! :)
Pigeon

PreviousNext

Return to This website and forum, plus Aspire