Trainee IAPT PWP Interview at Hertfordshire

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care

Trainee IAPT PWP Interview at Hertfordshire

Postby Tashab » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 am

Hi there, any help would be greatful, I have an interview for a PWP trainee post on the 14th does anyone have any experience of having an Interview with Hertfordshire for such a post??
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Tashab

Want to advertise with us? You or your business could fill this space. Email clinpsyforum@gmail.com for information.

Re: Trainee IAPT PWP Interview at Hertfordshire

Postby BenJMan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Tashab,

Thanks for posting, it looks like this was your first post, it's always nice to see new members posting :)

I'm not sure if anyone wil have hd interviews specifically in Hertfordshire, if they have they may well respond further. To start with here is a link to an excellent WIKI written by one of our members about preparing for IAPT PWP interviews:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12752

I hope this helps and good luck :)

Ben.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Postby psychgrad09 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Tashab,

I recently had an interview for the same post but at a different location. I would follow all the advice within the wiki post as it really helped me! The other thing I would advice is that do highlight on your own experiences and how it links with the information. I did the mistake of overloading myself with so much information with the NICE guidelines,stepped care model etc that I didnt speak enough about myself. Apart from that everything you need to know is really within that excellent post!

Good luck!
psychgrad09

Postby shelley123 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi Tashab,

I recently had a (Successful!) IAPT interview in a different loaction. They asked a few questions in regards to the stepped care model- the wiki on here is really good, with a lot of useful links!
The most nerve-wracking part was they gave me a short role play where they told me a scenario, and I was to assess one of the interviewers as if they were the client. Just keep an eye out, incase they do it again! After the interview, I had to write a short assessment letter to a new client and it was a timed event of 20mins!

They asked the majority of the questions about time management, how would i cope with a demanding caseload and doing a university course one day a week. I repeated myself a lot- time management, prioritising and establishing boundaries!

Hope this helps!
Shelley
shelley123

Postby Tashab » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks for all the help guys. this has made me feel alot more confident :o
Tashab

Postby LuckyG89 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I have an interview on wednesday this week, and they said there is some form of test / written assessment :(...will post back after i have had it
LuckyG89

Postby mungle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Congratulations. Learn the stepped model, what NICE advise for common mental heath problems, the outcome measures used in IAPT and why measures are used, look at The Reach Out Manual and think about when you'd use supervision. Good luck!
mungle

Return to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies: IAPT