UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care

UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby Misfit » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:57 am

Hi,

I recently applied for a Trainee PWP role/course through UCL. I submitted my application recently and after what seemed like ages, UCL received my 2 references (I ended up replacing 1 referee as they took so long and I wasn't getting a response after they had agreed to write a reference). My application is still under assessment. Does anyone know when the university will be in touch regarding whether applications are successful or not? Anyone heard back yet?

Thanks.
Misfit

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby jason712 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Ha. I had the same problem with a reference. Only got it done yesterday. Wonder if we had the same person for our reference.

I got an email today, my personal statement was over 3000 characters so had to chop it down and resend it and now like you I'm just waiting to hear back.
jason712

Postby Misfit » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:18 pm

jason712 wrote:Ha. I had the same problem with a reference. Only got it done yesterday. Wonder if we had the same person for our reference.

I got an email today, my personal statement was over 3000 characters so had to chop it down and resend it and now like you I'm just waiting to hear back.

I actually can't stand the wait! I just hope they will still look at applications. Oh no, that's a shame, but at least it's sorted now :)
Misfit

Postby Maria1212 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:37 am

Misfit wrote:Hi,

I recently applied for a Trainee PWP role/course through UCL. I submitted my application recently and after what seemed like ages, UCL received my 2 references (I ended up replacing 1 referee as they took so long and I wasn't getting a response after they had agreed to write a reference). My application is still under assessment. Does anyone know when the university will be in touch regarding whether applications are successful or not? Anyone heard back yet?

Thanks.

Hi! I submitted my application a couple weeks ago now and I still haven't heard back and neither have a few friends of mine. So I'm hoping they haven't gotten round to contacting people yet? Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon! :)
Maria1212

Postby Misfit » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Maria1212 wrote:
Misfit wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

Hi! I submitted my application a couple weeks ago now and I still haven't heard back and neither have a few friends of mine. So I'm hoping they haven't gotten round to contacting people yet? Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon! :)

That's reassuring to know. I really want some sort of reply!

Please could you guys post an update when you hear back? Only if you feel comfortable x
Misfit

Postby jason712 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am

I just got an email stating that they've released my application now. I had to shorten my personal statement.

So I think we're a few weeks off still. I'll update as follows.
jason712

Postby Chetanna00 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:41 am

I've just spoken to UCL Admissions. They received a large number of submissions so it's taking them a while to go through them. If your application still says Under Assessment it means that it hasn't been looked at yet.
Apparently, it can take up to 6 weeks from the closing date for them to send out invitations for Interviews so I guess that would mean requests should come through early to mid next week.

Hope this eases some anxiety and hopefully this time next week we'll all be reporting on how excited we are about our upcoming interviews with our various trusts :D
Chetanna00

Postby jason712 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:32 pm

So I just called them myself and was told that they've been sent off for short listing and we should hear early next week. He told me that if we haven't heard back by the 3rd of July then to assume we weren't short listed.
jason712

Postby Misfit » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks guys. Fingers crossed. Nobody had to choose which NHS Trust they'd prefer to train with did they? During the application process? x
Misfit

Postby jason712 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:37 pm

You have to declare your two preferences at the start of the personal statement. If you don't then I think you get assigned randomly. Not sure though.
jason712

Postby Misfit » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:18 pm

jason712 wrote:You have to declare your two preferences at the start of the personal statement. If you don't then I think you get assigned randomly. Not sure though.

I can't believe this- I didn't see any information about preferences when I applied. I'm so disappointed and have a bad feeling now x
Misfit

Postby Meglou » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi everyone, I've also applied for the trainee pwp role and still waiting to hear back. I wouldn't worry about not putting a preference down, it won't affect your chances of getting an interview - you'll just be assigned a site at random.
Meglou

Postby nclarke » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 pm

I didn't put preferences on either, but emailed them and they added it in. You could try doing the same. Hope it helps.
nclarke

Postby Misfit » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Meglou wrote:Hi everyone, I've also applied for the trainee pwp role and still waiting to hear back. I wouldn't worry about not putting a preference down, it won't affect your chances of getting an interview - you'll just be assigned a site at random.

Fingers crossed for you. It's frustrating waiting isn't it? Thanks x
Misfit

Postby Maria1212 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Good luck everyone! Hopefully we hear back some good news! :lol:
Maria1212

Next

Return to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies: IAPT