UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care

Re: UCL Trainee PWP application for September 2017 start

Postby jason712 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Not helpful to you but I'll be wearing a white dress shirt, blue chinos with a blazer and brown shoes.
jason712

Postby Kati » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi everyone!
I've just had a disastrous interview with Hammersmith and Fulham, I forgot everything I practiced:( does anyone know when they will make a decision? I forgot to ask when I would hear back...
Kati

Postby IdaBauer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Kati wrote:Hi everyone!
I've just had a disastrous interview with Hammersmith and Fulham, I forgot everything I practiced:( does anyone know when they will make a decision? I forgot to ask when I would hear back...

I had a terrible interview too. I really wasn't expecting the questions that they asked so panic replied and didn't do myself or my knowledge justice, as I prepared for this more than I've prepared for any interview in my life before! I was told that they are interviewing for two weeks, so they will be contacting at the end of next week - I think via phone/text from what I've read (and they took my number).
IdaBauer

Postby Kati » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:16 pm

IdaBauer wrote:

I had a terrible interview too. I really wasn't expecting the questions that they asked so panic replied and didn't do myself or my knowledge justice, as I prepared for this more than I've prepared for any interview in my life before! I was told that they are interviewing for two weeks, so they will be contacting at the end of next week - I think via phone/text from what I've read (and they took my number).

I prepared a lot too and I think I messed up the easy questions, for example what skills I have, etc.. the questions were really long so they completely threw me off and I struggled to remember what exactly they asked! Oh no, they didn't even ask me for my number, that doesn't look like a good sign:( Though I got an email about the interview rather than a call... which service did you interview for?
Kati

Postby Macafedi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Exactly the same feeling :? :cry:
Macafedi

Postby bunnies » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Misfit wrote:
bunnies wrote:
Misfit wrote:I know there are more important things to think about (like finding cover for my 12 hour shift on interview day!), but I'm just wondering what to wear for the interview. I was thinking skirt, blouse, blazer jacket, but don't want to be too formal. I'm female by the way x

i'm planning on wearing a smart dress, flat shoes and grey blazer. Its my go to interview outfit.

When is your interview? How are you feeling about preparing?

Sounds good. I like to wear a blouse, skirt and blazer. Well my interview is on Monday and to be honest, I'm so stressed about finding cover for my 12 hour shift on Monday that I'm not that focussed on the interview as I may not even be able to attend. I'm back at work tomorrow so will be arranging cover then (have no access to work emails at home).

When is yours? How are you feeling about your interview and preparing? x

Good luck! Mine is on Wednesday. I'm feeling okay atm. Just trying not to get too overwhelmed with it all. Also its hard working full time and then also having to prepare
Last edited by bunnies on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunnies

Postby bunnies » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:15 pm

You guys are making me nervous about the questions. Need to continue preparing but I'm worried I'm preparing in like the wrong topics/ areas. Any generic advice would be appreciated.

It sounds like lots of you struggled and no one is really saying they found it easy so maybe you guys actually did better than you think tbh.
bunnies

Postby Misfit » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:33 pm

jason712 wrote:Not helpful to you but I'll be wearing a white dress shirt, blue chinos with a blazer and brown shoes.

Ok sounds good. Turns out I still have to work the day of my interview, but have split the second half of my shift over to the next day after swapping with a colleague, so will be wearing work-wear which is a casual blouse and trousers. I would have liked to wear a skirt but won't have time to mess about changing when I leave work to head to my interview. I'm going to wear a blazer too, which I'll take to work with me x
Misfit

Postby IdaBauer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:51 am

Kati wrote:
IdaBauer wrote:

I prepared a lot too and I think I messed up the easy questions, for example what skills I have, etc.. the questions were really long so they completely threw me off and I struggled to remember what exactly they asked! Oh no, they didn't even ask me for my number, that doesn't look like a good sign:( Though I got an email about the interview rather than a call... which service did you interview for?

I wouldn't worry about not being asked for your number meaning something - it's so early that they may have forgotten or different services might use different methods to inform candidates according to their set up. They are certainly not about to make decisions on who to hire after just seeing a few people, when they had loads of days left of interviews - and even if they did they wouldn't be so obvious about it as to ask certain people for their number and not others, as they know that applicants talk to each other!
IdaBauer

Postby chrssy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:30 am

Hi. What did you all wear to your interviews please. Not sure whether I should dress up very smart or maybe smart casual. I've read a mixture of things. Thank you
chrssy

Postby Misfit » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:05 pm

chrssy wrote:Hi. What did you all wear to your interviews please. Not sure whether I should dress up very smart or maybe smart casual. I've read a mixture of things. Thank you

I'm going to wear a blouse, Black trousers and a blazer. What are you going to wear? x
Misfit

Postby chrssy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Misfit wrote:
chrssy wrote:Hi. What did you all wear to your interviews please. Not sure whether I should dress up very smart or maybe smart casual. I've read a mixture of things. Thank you

I'm going to wear a blouse, Black trousers and a blazer. What are you going to wear? x

Hey I wore black suit trousers and a blouse. I must say I feel the interview was terrible. Nothing was asked that came up on the recruitment pack. Completely threw me off. And I feel I missed out some vital points. They said they should contact in two days. I honestly hope I do get it but you know the interview was a shambles.

Good luck with yours :-)
chrssy

Postby Misfit » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm

chrssy wrote:
Misfit wrote:

Hey I wore black suit trousers and a blouse. I must say I feel the interview was terrible. Nothing was asked that came up on the recruitment pack. Completely threw me off. And I feel I missed out some vital points. They said they should contact in two days. I honestly hope I do get it but you know the interview was a shambles.

Good luck with yours :-)

Thanks. Oh that's a shame but I see what you mean. My interview was different to how I expected it to be too! Sometimes when things go worse than you expect them to, the result ends up being ok so fingers crossed. I asked how long it would be until candidates hear back, and got told a week. Now for the waiting game! x
Misfit

Postby Misfit » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Also, nice meeting you today, to James haha x
Misfit

Postby chrssy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Good luck with yours :-)[/quote]

Thanks. Oh that's a shame but I see what you mean. My interview was different to how I expected it to be too! Sometimes when things go worse than you expect them to, the result ends up being ok so fingers crossed. I asked how long it would be until candidates hear back, and got told a week. Now for the waiting game! x[/quote]

I'm hoping that is the case. Oh what IAPT site was your interview for? Lambeth said they plan to contact everyone in a couple days. So I'm assuming they've pretty much got through their interviews. Good luck :-)
chrssy

PreviousNext

Return to Improving Access to Psychological Therapies: IAPT