HI Trainee funding cut?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
hitraineeperson

HI Trainee funding cut?

Post by hitraineeperson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am

Hi, I just found out I've been accepted on as a HI trainee for the October intake! However, I also heard from a manager that HI training funding will be cut from 2018 onwards, meaning staff will have to self-fund in the future. I've been told this won't affect me as I'm in the 2017 intake. I've tried to find out more about whether this is the case or not but can't see much in the news. Does anyone else know about this happening? If so, it's a darned shame.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
bluegoat

Re: HI Trainee funding cut?

Post by bluegoat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:13 pm

I haven't heard anything like that. There's speculation about funding for the DClinPsy courses - might this be what your manager was referring to?

hitraineeperson

Re: HI Trainee funding cut?

Post by hitraineeperson » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:00 pm

bluegoat wrote:I haven't heard anything like that. There's speculation about funding for the DClinPsy courses - might this be what your manager was referring to?
No, they seemed pretty confident it was PWP funding but from speaking to colleagues in other services, no one else has heard this is happening so maybe they misheard? Or it's a rumour?