RE: PWP Trainee Interview

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
elliotlmiller

RE: PWP Trainee Interview

Post by elliotlmiller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi there

I recently applied for the role of PWP Trainee and have been shortlisted for an interview.

I was wandering if anyone could give me some advice about the interview (e.g. types of questions asked, whether there is role play, challenges facing IAPT, academic papers to read etc.)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Elliot
Last edited by elliotlmiller on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
jason712

Re: RE: PWP Trainee Interview

Post by jason712 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Congratulations. Is it with UCL? And which service is it for?

I got on last year and due to finish soon. Just submitted my final essay actually. The interview process at UCL is simple, standard 20-30 minute interview with a panel of 2-3 people. One person from UCL and 1-2 people from your service.

The questions are mostly scenario based. The thing I'd say to you and everyone is to remain reflective. I can't give you any of the questions as that would be unfair.

I always recommend that everyone read the Reach out guide. It contains a lot of what you'll need to know.

elliotlmiller

Post by elliotlmiller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply.

The trainee PWP position is with TalkPlus in Farnborough.

Congrats on submitting your final essay!

I have also applied to the course at UCL and awaiting a response (fingers crossed!)

Thank you very much - that's really helpful.

I will be asked to read a clinical vignette and then will have a 10 minute role play, and then a 35 minute interview followed by a 10 minute written exercise. I'm very nervous!

Elliot

elliotlmiller

Post by elliotlmiller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:05 pm

jason712 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 pm
Congratulations. Is it with UCL? And which service is it for?

I got on last year and due to finish soon. Just submitted my final essay actually. The interview process at UCL is simple, standard 20-30 minute interview with a panel of 2-3 people. One person from UCL and 1-2 people from your service.

The questions are mostly scenario based. The thing I'd say to you and everyone is to remain reflective. I can't give you any of the questions as that would be unfair.

I always recommend that everyone read the Reach out guide. It contains a lot of what you'll need to know.
Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply.

The trainee PWP position is with TalkPlus in Farnborough.

Congrats on submitting your final essay!

I have also applied to the course at UCL and awaiting a response (fingers crossed!)

Thank you very much - that's really helpful.

I will be asked to read a clinical vignette and then will have a 10 minute role play, and then a 35 minute interview followed by a 10 minute written exercise. I'm very nervous!

Elliot

ShivaniPatel

Post by ShivaniPatel » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Does anyone know if they offer skype interviews if currently abroad?

Thanks