BPS Guidelines for the Employment of Assistant Psychologists

Post here to discuss evaluating published research, sharing papers you have found of interest, plus requests for help with literature searches or locating papers

BPS Guidelines for the Employment of Assistant Psychologists

Postby WindWhisperer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:38 am

Happy Thursday all!

Not a request for a paper per se, but I've been searching for days and literally found nothing. Have been trying to find the guidelines in part to resolve a current issue where I'm based but also as I will need to recruit an assistant psychologist come October time and would value the guidelines for this. The wiki link for the BPS (2009) Guidelines no longer works (takes you to the BPS website which states that the page no longer exists). Having scoured the internet it's as if the guidelines never existed in the first place. I know that they did once upon a time as I remember reading them in my assistant days!?

Could anyone possibly either shed some light on what's happened to the guidelines and perhaps send me a copy if anyone has it saved? Or is there a newer, differently worded set of guidance that I'm not aware of?

Many thanks :)
WindWhisperer

Re: BPS Guidelines for the Employment of Assistant Psycholog

Postby Randomswirls » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:59 am

Hello there is a new set of standards coming out soon or it's just come out. I know there was a clinpsy discussion on them with a link to the draft copy so it might be worth searching the forum for them.
Randomswirls

Postby WindWhisperer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks Randomswirls, unfortunately the links in that thread don't work either for the old or revised guidelines. Not wildly helpful of the BPS to take down the old guidelines and not put up new ones in my humble opinion. I've tried doing searches of the BPS webiste but nada so far. The search continues...!
WindWhisperer

Postby MarkM » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:18 pm

I've just PMed you the old guidelines. I do agree with you, it's unhelpful to remove them o.o
:cat: I like cats! :cat:
MarkM

Postby Georgie2788 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 pm

I've had the same trouble at work this week - they're nowhere to be found!! MarkM, would you mind PMing them to me also please?
Georgie2788

Postby WindWhisperer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Got them, thank you so much MarkM. (Not sure if my reply sent as it's showing as sent and also still stuck in my outbox?!) Clearly I'm having a bad computer week!

I emailed the BPS yesterday and they sent me a broken link, didn't explain why the guidelines have disappeared and then told me that I needed to pay to access the old guidelines, which I'm pretty sure I didn't need to do when I downloaded them from the BPS website back in 2009? Plus if they're old... where's the logic in charging for them? Won't question... Just very happy to have them now! Thanks again. :)
WindWhisperer

Postby MarkM » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:22 pm

Georgie2788 wrote:I've had the same trouble at work this week - they're nowhere to be found!! MarkM, would you mind PMing them to me also please?

Done! ( :

WindWhisperer wrote:Got them, thank you so much MarkM. (Not sure if my reply sent as it's showing as sent and also still stuck in my outbox?!) Clearly I'm having a bad computer week!

I emailed the BPS yesterday and they sent me a broken link, didn't explain why the guidelines have disappeared and then told me that I needed to pay to access the old guidelines, which I'm pretty sure I didn't need to do when I downloaded them from the BPS website back in 2009? Plus if they're old... where's the logic in charging for them? Won't question... Just very happy to have them now! Thanks again. :)

Yes, I did get your message (: Oh and the outbox thing is confusing..it basically means it's sent but the recipient (that's me, wahey) has not yet read the message. Should be 'sent' now that I read it.

I think the BPS response is disappointing, in all respects... The link does not work, there's no explanation and they decide to charge for public(?) guidelines. I really don't think you should have to pay for these guidelines, I think they are the kind of resource that should be open to the public and not sit behind a paywall, personally... Most guidelines are available to the public, for very good reasons? Also, guidelines like these (and, for example, the psychosis guidelines and similar ones) raise the profile of the BPS, no? But perhaps I'm missing something or looking at this from the wrong angle.

Anyway I am glad I could help (:
MarkM

Postby PeteR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello,

If anyone could PM me these guidelines I would be very grateful!

Thank you.
PeteR

Postby laurenr » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:01 pm

PeteR wrote:Hello,

If anyone could PM me these guidelines I would be very grateful!

Thank you.

Did you get an answer? I would like them too please!
laurenr

Postby benmaccam » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:00 pm

guys, would anyone have this document and mind sending it to me? It seems to have disappeared off the BPS site. :shock:

Thanks!
benmaccam

Postby MarkM » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 pm

benmaccam wrote:guys, would anyone have this document and mind sending it to me? It seems to have disappeared off the BPS site. :shock:

Thanks!

Check your PMs (:
MarkM

Postby ColetteyBetty » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi there.

Is it possible for someone to send me this please?

Thanks. :D
ColetteyBetty

Postby SarahAshley29 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Is someone able to PM me these guidelines too please? :)

Thank you!
SarahAshley29

Postby Rannasaurus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Jumping on the band wagon. Would someone mind sending me them also for an essay I'm writing? :)
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Rannasaurus

Postby Lori » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:13 am

Hi. Would anyone mind PM me these guidelines? I can't find them anywhere. Thank you.
Lori

Next

Return to Papers and Journal Articles