The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Tea4me

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Post by Tea4me » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:55 am

Liverpool has finally moved a place and today after 5 years I can say:

Liverpool ----> Liverpool !!!!

Good luck sah2211.. that means you're up next, fingers crossed!

Esk

Post by Esk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:13 am

Tea4me wrote:Liverpool has finally moved a place and today after 5 years I can say:

Congrats Tea4me! As another long time applicant who also got a place this year I know how amazing you must be feeling this morning. Enjoy it, you can finally relax and celebrate!

sah2211

Post by sah2211 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Tea4me wrote:Liverpool has finally moved a place and today after 5 years I can say:

Good luck sah2211.. that means you're up next, fingers crossed!

Ahh great news!! Well done thats got to feel great...

Now excited / nervous about being so close - with the deadline looming.... just hope 1 more person can free up the spot!

.. few hours later, I got the call!! :) liverpool

Tea4me

Post by Tea4me » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks Esk!!

Oh that's fantastic sah2211! Great news to hear. Sounds like it's been a good day all round then for us both hehe.
Sounds like a wonderful course too, I'm so excited and can't wait to start now...

Roz93

Post by Roz93 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Lancaster >> Lancaster >> LANCASTER! :shock:

I can't stop shaking, I was honestly just thrilled to make the reserve list this year. Good luck to everyone else on reserves!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you <3
"Imagine others complexly" - John Green.

edibletherapist

Post by edibletherapist » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:55 pm

I've never really posted before, but thought I would now to normalise different experience of getting on to training, but also to reassure people that it is possible even if sometimes it feels the opposite. It's also ok to decide to do something else too, I think a lot of people trying to get in to Clinical Psychology can make It the focus of their life, which I think I was guilty of a little bit at one point.

So I have finally gotten a place at Teesside this year after 4 years of applying. My journey has been a little bit of a rollercoaster including moving around the country for different AP posts and the path to actually gaining my place this year.
My 3 previous applications resulted in no interviews, which was disheartening given how much work people put in to getting on the course. In hindsight I think the first couple of applications I made I was too fixated about what I thought I should write that I didn't sell myself or my experience well, or let my personality and passion for training come through. This year I was given an interview at Leeds, was reserve for Interview at Newcastle and Sheffield and was actually originally rejected by Teesside. Following interview and rejection at Leeds ( think nerves played a part) I was certain I was out for this year. However then I was emailed by Teesside stating that they had some places still available- (I think in part due to strict interview criteria and people getting places elsewhere) and was offered an interview. I think this shows that more people than get on or even manage to get interviews are capable of training!! People should be reassured by this! Following interview I was allocated a reserve place to then be offered a place. So my Journey this year is this:

Leeds -> Leeds
Newcastle -> Newcastle
Sheffield -> Sheffield
Teesside -> Teesside -> Teesside -> Teesside

Please take note of your success's and hard work and have faith in being good enough and believe that you possibly could get on the course. I am aware not everyone will make, it but I know a lot of you will deserve too. Its also ok to have a limit, I think my last attempt would have been my 5th, as there are other professions we would be good at too!

For those of you interested I have an undergraduate degree 2.1, and 4 and a bit years as an AP. 1 year in older adults, a year and a half in clinical health, and just over a year and half in adult mental health inpatients!

Hockeygirl

Post by Hockeygirl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Well done Edible! My journey was similar with Teesside this year!

A huge congratulations!

rennyren63

Post by rennyren63 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:53 am

Tea4me wrote:There seems to be a few courses this year where the reserve list hasn't moved. I wonder if this will happen more next week maybe as the deadline approaches for confirm any places offered? Seems a bit strange...
Doesn't seem to be a great deal of movement on reserve lists anywhere...I wonder if its a sign that courses are looing for slightly different qualities this year :?

VanillaChai

Post by VanillaChai » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Finally got there! :D

2015:
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Teesside
Newcastle

2016:
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Teesside
Newcastle

2017:
Edinburgh ----> Edinburgh ------> Edinburgh
Glasgow -----> Glasgow -----> Glasgow -----> Glasgow !!!!!!! :D
Sheffield
Newcastle

hawke

Post by hawke » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:22 pm

So I finish as #1 reserve for Bath. Hard to quieten the "if I'd just said one more thing in that interview" mindset :(

Here's to one more year of low-paid hedonism, before seeing you all again n 2018! Over and out.

BathLondonOxford1

Post by BathLondonOxford1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Ending the process as first reserve for interview at IoPPN and second reserve for a place at Bath. Despite it being my first application, feeling rather bruised and tired by a process hugely drawn out by reserve lists. Nonetheless, congratulations to all the greens, commiserations to the reds, and massive empathy for the light blues who were hopeful of a place that didn't come!

Blossom

Post by Blossom » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:14 am

lakeland wrote:
AnsweringBell wrote:
Contrarian wrote:UCL
UEL
IOPPN
Royal Holloway

CON!!!!!!!! You beauty!!!! CONGRATULATIONS

So, so, so happy for you and Random in particular. Been rooting for you guys this year :) Knew you both were ready and had it in you!!!
I second this. You absolutely deserve it!
Same here guys... I'm so happy for you all incl Lemon drizzle n Sweat pea.
Unforunately, I did not get the opportunity to update my selections. I got no interviews this year (IOPPN, RHUL, OXFORD & HERTS). In a way it was a blessing in disguise as I went into premature labour and had a baby girl. I would never have made any interviews as we stayed in hospital for some time.

Once again, all the best guys and any advise will be appreciated re future apps i will make.

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Blossom wrote: I got no interviews this year (IOPPN, RHUL, OXFORD & HERTS). In a way it was a blessing in disguise as I went into premature labour and had a baby girl. I would never have made any interviews as we stayed in hospital for some time.
Congratulations! Hope you, your partner and baby are all doing well. Enjoy this special time ahead.

sparkling

Post by sparkling » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:20 pm

Blossom congratulations. I hope you are now able to enjoy it at bit more at home and you are all well x

Randomswirls
Team Member

Post by Randomswirls » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Oh wow blossom congratulations xox