The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby inbloom10 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:41 pm

BIRMINGHAM

Anyone else from the second Monday afternoon interview heard back?! And congrats everyone else :D
inbloom10

Postby JackFarr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:58 am

inbloom10 wrote:BIRMINGHAM

Anyone else from the second Monday afternoon interview heard back?! And congrats everyone else :D

Congrats! I will be joining you at Birmingham :D

I interviewed on the Tuesday afternoon.
JackFarr

Postby firegal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 am

Ooooh, second Monday afternoon, who were you?
I didn't interview, I was the rather chatty first year trainee in the skinny jeans :P I'm counting anyone who gets on from the second Monday as a personal success lol!
Super excited for all you soon to be Birmingham trainees! Drop me a line if you want any info on the course or living in Brum, I was an undergrad here too and I'm a little bit in love with the place :D
firegal

Postby inbloom10 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

firegal wrote:

I didn't interview, I was the rather chatty first year trainee in the skinny jeans :P I'm counting anyone who gets on from the second Monday as a personal success lol!
Super excited for all you soon to be Birmingham trainees! Drop me a line if you want any info on the course or living in Brum, I was an undergrad here too and I'm a little bit in love with the place :D

I was the girl who had her first interview half an hour after everyone else... the one sat there nervously trying not to cry throughout? :P Thanks for your help on the day!!
inbloom10

Postby firegal » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am

inbloom10 wrote:
firegal wrote:

I was the girl who had her first interview half an hour after everyone else... the one sat there nervously trying not to cry throughout? :P Thanks for your help on the day!!

Awww yay I remember you! Well I think you seemed remarkably calm, obviously hiding your nerves well :D
firegal

Postby froyo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:43 pm

First timer :)

Birmingham
Leicester
Sheffield -> Sheffield -> Sheffield :shock: :shock:
Trent

I am in complete shock, I didn't call as I was sure I didn't do good enough, just received an email!!
froyo

Postby Hockeygirl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Leeds
Teesside
Newcastle ---> Newcastle

I'm pretty gutted. I ended up at the top of the reserve list last year and felt like this interview went SO MUCH better.
Hockeygirl

Postby JFox » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Hockeygirl wrote:Leeds
Teesside
Newcastle ---> Newcastle

I'm pretty gutted. I ended up at the top of the reserve list last year and felt like this interview went SO MUCH better.

I'm sorry to hear that Hockeygirl. I felt the same way about my Oxford interview, and I was reserve for them last year too. I got verbal feedback from them today actually and they said I didn't do too much wrong, it's just the competition was much tougher this year and they had to nitpick between applicants in the end using the more complex questions. Best of luck with your other interviews. If there is anything I have learned, you cannot compare performances between interviews either, as each is relative to the course you are interviewing at :)
If at first you don't succeed, try two more times so that your failure is statistically significant!
JFox

Postby Hockeygirl » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

JFox wrote:
Hockeygirl wrote:Leeds
Teesside
Newcastle ---> Newcastle

I'm sorry to hear that Hockeygirl. I felt the same way about my Oxford interview, and I was reserve for them last year too. I got verbal feedback from them today actually and they said I didn't do too much wrong, it's just the competition was much tougher this year and they had to nitpick between applicants in the end using the more complex questions. Best of luck with your other interviews. If there is anything I have learned, you cannot compare performances between interviews either, as each is relative to the course you are interviewing at :)

Thanks JFox. I went back and read your post about your interviews, it helped a little. I'm hoping Teesside's goes okay as Leeds would not suit my current arrangements anymore, though I'm not feeling very confident about it now. It will be interesting to see where I went wrong at Newcastle though, I always get an interview there but never any further?
Hockeygirl

Postby reishi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:36 pm

SELF FUNDED
UCL (and a couple of others lol)
Leicester (it went so bad I want to cry)
Birmingham :D
Essex :mrgreen:
UEA :cry:
SELF FUNDED

I have one interview to go then whole this process will end. Pew.
"Ever since psychoanalysis came up, everybody's ill more or less."
reishi

Postby Randomswirls » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Oh Hockey my reserve list buddy from last year how sucky! I am keeping everything crossed for teeside
Randomswirls

Postby ClinForensPsy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:36 am

Hi everyone, I am a first time applicant and very pleased to post the following!

Leicester
Trent (Nottingham/Lincoln)
IoPPN
Sheffield
ClinForensPsy

Postby DanJJJJJJ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Anyone heard back from Salomons yet?
DanJJJJJJ

Postby ClinPsyOo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm

DanJJJJJJ wrote:Anyone heard back from Salomons yet?

I just found out that my phone has not been working for few days so I called Salomons to let them know and I was told that 'some people had started to call and others had not...'

So I assume that most of us have not heard yet...
ClinPsyOo

Postby DanJJJJJJ » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:16 pm

ClinPsyOo wrote:
DanJJJJJJ wrote:Anyone heard back from Salomons yet?

I just found out that my phone has not been working for few days so I called Salomons to let them know and I was told that 'some people had started to call and others had not...'

So I assume that most of us have not heard yet...

Ahh cool. I just figured there would have been some pronouncements on here as they said they would start letting people know on Monday. I will sit tight :D
DanJJJJJJ

PreviousNext

Return to Clinical Doctorate Application Process