The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here

Re: The Great Big Progress Thread for 2017 entry DClinPsy

Postby Chachar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:25 pm

nicolaannolive wrote:Cant believe I am finally writing this but......

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool
MANCHESTER :shock: :D :shock:

Congratulations to all with places, and fingers crossed for those waiting to hear. For those who do not have places this year keep at it if it's right for you and it will work out

Congratulations Nicola! I think I met you at the Manc interview (Tuesday morning). So happy for you, well done!! :D
Chachar

Postby Randomswirls » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Congratulations to the blues!
Randomswirls

Postby nicolaannolive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Chachar wrote:

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool

Congratulations to all with places, and fingers crossed for those waiting to hear. For those who do not have places this year keep at it if it's right for you and it will work out

Congratulations Nicola! I think I met you at the Manc interview (Tuesday morning). So happy for you, well done!! :D

Thank you Chachar! Yeah we probably did meet! How did you get on? It has been a very long journey (I graduated in 2008)

Nic x
nicolaannolive

Postby Chachar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:38 pm

nicolaannolive wrote:
Chachar wrote:

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool

Thank you Chachar! Yeah we probably did meet! How did you get on? It has been a very long journey (I graduated in 2008)

Nic x

Wow, and it's all paid off! Congratulations again, it sounds like you totally deserve it :D ! I'm on the reserve list, which I'm happy about as I felt I messed up the interview (mostly the research questions!). But I can imagine it's going to be a longggg process/wait for me now :shock: fingers crossed!!
Chachar

Postby katewilliams87 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool

Huge congratulations!! I have also been offered a place at Manchester today so I will see you there in October!
katewilliams87

Postby nicolaannolive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:49 pm

katewilliams87 wrote:

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool

Huge congratulations!! I have also been offered a place at Manchester today so I will see you there in October!

Congratulations to you too!!!! What day did you interview? eeek very exciting!!!
nicolaannolive

Postby katewilliams87 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm

nicolaannolive wrote:
katewilliams87 wrote:

Lancaster
Leeds
Liverpool

Congratulations to you too!!!! What day did you interview? eeek very exciting!!!

Monday morning :-) So I'm guessing I didn't see you there. Mine hasn't been updated on the Clearing House site yet so I can't formally accept it that way but so excited to! Have you accepted it?
katewilliams87

Postby nicolaannolive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:25 pm

Huge congratulations!! I have also been offered a place at Manchester today so I will see you there in October![/quote]

Congratulations to you too!!!! What day did you interview? eeek very exciting!!![/quote]

Monday morning :-) So I'm guessing I didn't see you there. Mine hasn't been updated on the Clearing House site yet so I can't formally accept it that way but so excited to! Have you accepted it?[/quote]

I've accepted via email but clearing house hasn't updated for me yet either.
nicolaannolive

Postby persephone56 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:58 am

sillydoge wrote:Salomons
Surrey

UEA --> UEA (unfortunately, they cannot tell you the number on the reserve list :( )
Glasgow

Celebrating a bit of success though very unsure what this means and hoping for a clear answer from the others. Does anyone have any ideas how long the UEA reserve list has been in previous years?

Good luck to everyone and well done JFox for securing the place :)

Congratulations on your reserve list offer! I was there last year, and if you're anything like me, it's probably a very frustrating and confusing place to be. I made it on, and I think there are 5 or 6 people on the course that came from the reserve list. I don't think I heard until late May, so you could have a bit of a wait ahead of you. Sit tight!
persephone56

Postby sillydoge » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:52 pm

persephone56 wrote:
Congratulations on your reserve list offer! I was there last year, and if you're anything like me, it's probably a very frustrating and confusing place to be. I made it on, and I think there are 5 or 6 people on the course that came from the reserve list. I don't think I heard until late May, so you could have a bit of a wait ahead of you. Sit tight!

Thanks persephone56, it is confusing! But I do know where to improve and what did not go so well so I am glad to have been offered this too! It would just be great if they let you know the rank so i would know how likely it is,...but I guess they don't do this because it will make people anxiously monitor this forum!
sillydoge

Postby inbloom10 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Has anyone else heard from Birmingham? I'm panicking there's a mistake.....
inbloom10

Postby boundless » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:17 pm

inbloom10 wrote:Has anyone else heard from Birmingham? I'm panicking there's a mistake.....

I'm also panicking... :D :D :D :D
boundless

Postby lakeland » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:23 pm

^Cryptic!
lakeland

Postby RhubarbCrumble » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm

I am so bored of waiting to hear back from Leicester! My Clearing House status has changed to pending result. I assume this means they have made up their minds, so just waiting for the letter. They really need to just send emails instead so we don't have to wait as long!
RhubarbCrumble

Postby hawke » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Bath
Cardiff
Exeter

aaaand...

Birmingham

Wasn't expecting it after a pretty awful interview day, but gutted nonetheless. Well done to those who did make it. Two more chances this year!
hawke

PreviousNext

Return to Clinical Doctorate Application Process