Reserve List Updates Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here

Postby Hopeful2016 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 pm

*Mod Note* This thread has been edited to allow anyone on the various reserve lists to post any information they may have about movement on lists etc. Please keep this to information about movement, information about obtaining a reserve list place and getting an interview, should remain on the Progress thread. Thanks.

Hi everyone

I thought I'd create this thread so that anyone on the interview reserve lists can have a better idea of how much the lists have moved (if at all!). I'm on the UEA reserve list but quite high up so fingers crossed :D . Please remember not to discuss any specifics of the interview as it is against forum rules!! :)
Hopeful2016

Re: UEA Interviews 2017

Postby firegal » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Just a suggestion but the forum is going to get really clogged up if people start threads for every different course interviewing, that's kind of what the progress thread is there to prevent.
Last year in addition to the progress thread we had one reserve list thread which people updated with news of any of the course reserve lists, it made it easier to find reserve list info than scanning through the whole progress thread, but without clogging up the forum too much :)
firegal

Re: UEA Interviews 2017

Postby BenJMan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Good reflective thinking there folks ! :)

I have, instead of deleting entirely, edited the thread in to a general reserve list thread, that way people can update like last year. I have also removed the extraneous posts to avoid confusion.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Re: Reserve List Updates Thread

Postby remotecontroller » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi all,

I am quite high up on the Essex reserve list for interview. I will let you know if there is any movement.
remotecontroller

Postby Charlie85 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm on the Surrey reserve list but fairly far down (place 11) the lady on the phone told me that they normally only see a movement of a 3 or 4 of places.

I will keep you updated if my spot should move - similarly if anyone up there is higher on the list - please let us know if you move at all!! :bounce:

Thanks!
Charlie85

Postby Bon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi

I'm on the Newcastle reserve interview list, 4th out of 19. Will post if any movement :D
Bon

Postby yorkshirepysch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi all,

I'm on Sheffield's reserve...15/25. If there's any movement on the list would love to know! :D
yorkshirepysch

Postby clinpsymember » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi all

Does anyone know how many people Cardiff invite for interview, or how much the list normally moves at all?

Thank you!
clinpsymember

Postby hawke » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:01 pm

clinpsymember wrote:Hi all

Does anyone know how many people Cardiff invite for interview, or how much the list normally moves at all?

Thank you!

Cardiff are interviewing 55 people for 15 places this year. No idea about what the list normally does, but the interviews are late (mid-May) so hopefully you'll see some movement.
hawke

Postby froyo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:01 pm

yorkshirepysch wrote:Hi all,

I'm on Sheffield's reserve...15/25. If there's any movement on the list would love to know! :D

Just been on the phone to Sheffield the list has moved 2 places today!
froyo

Postby yorkshirepysch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:10 pm

froyo wrote:

Hi Froyo,

Ah amazing, thanks for the update! Are you on the reserve list too? Would love to keep in touch so we can let each other know (and any other applicants waiting to hear!) how much the list moves; I have emailed the administrator who has welcomed me to call next week to enquire about movement.
yorkshirepysch

Postby JackFarr » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:16 pm

yorkshirepysch wrote:
froyo wrote:

Hi Froyo,

Ah amazing, thanks for the update! Are you on the reserve list too? Would love to keep in touch so we can let each other know (and any other applicants waiting to hear!) how much the list moves; I have emailed the administrator who has welcomed me to call next week to enquire about movement.

Hi Both,

I would be interested in any updates you get. Im quite high up on the reserve list (22/25) but you never know!

Many thanks and fingers crossed for you both,
Jack
JackFarr

Postby froyo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Yes I'm 5th on the list so incredibly anxious about possible movement and would love any updates! The course staff seem really open to getting calls about movement on the list. I will let you know if I get any updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
froyo

Postby VanillaChai » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow list? They don't say anything in the email about where you are on the list :shock:
VanillaChai

Postby ChrisMcC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:06 pm

VanillaChai wrote:Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow list? They don't say anything in the email about where you are on the list :shock:

I was reserve for Glasgow in 2014 (the last time I applied) and they didn't tell me where I was on the list. I unsuccessfully tried to find information out such as length of list etc. The interview is quite late in the game, so I imagine that there is movement. Best of luck!!
Chris
ChrisMcC

Next

Return to Clinical Doctorate Application Process