written test prep

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here

written test prep

Postby UnicornPsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 pm

hello,

As i am pondering between my stats notes and books and getting all my practical papers out to review -
i was wondering if anyone knows or someone can share past papers and/or prep examples in written tasks?
I have found some online but it would be excellent if I could retrieve some more to achieve a better preparation with different times (i.e 45 min)

Any thoughts and/or advice is more than welcome :)

Thanks in advance :D
* What you choose to do to make people present their best self?*
UnicornPsy

Re: written test prep

Postby MarkM » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 am

Hi,

I'm not sure how similar the written tasks are across different universities, and either way, I think you might be at a risk of over-preparing... but maybe that's just me having a different approach. For what it's worth, writing skills can be honed in many ways. It might be worth trying to summarise a rather complex article to someone who has no idea about the area. If they get the gist of it, you've probably done a reasonable job.

Anyway, I know that Salomons have some of their previous tests available online, and there is a written communication aspect.
https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/social-and ... lapseSeven

If you google for something amongst the lines of [UniversityNameHere] Clinical psychology selection test you should be able to find the ones that are available for other programmes that use selection tests, I would guess.

Good luck!
:cat: I like cats! :cat:
MarkM

Re: written test prep

Postby UnicornPsy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm

MarkM wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure how similar the written tasks are across different universities, and either way, I think you might be at a risk of over-preparing... but maybe that's just me having a different approach. For what it's worth, writing skills can be honed in many ways. It might be worth trying to summarise a rather complex article to someone who has no idea about the area. If they get the gist of it, you've probably done a reasonable job.

Anyway, I know that Salomons have some of their previous tests available online, and there is a written communication aspect.
https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/social-and ... lapseSeven

If you google for something amongst the lines of [UniversityNameHere] Clinical psychology selection test you should be able to find the ones that are available for other programmes that use selection tests, I would guess.

Good luck!

Hi MarkM,

Thank you for the online tips, the link to Salomons and the heads up for over preparation. :)
I have found several examples already and it seems that the vast majority of them, under the title of 'written task', are stats related (i.e explain the data to population that have no idea about stats or psychology, or report the stat results, strengths, limitations etc etc). i really hope that something as simple as what you suggested will come up and my stats revision will cover me for the research/academic part of the interview :)

p.s in editing this post - I ALSO LOVE CATS!!!!! :D
* What you choose to do to make people present their best self?*
UnicornPsy

Return to Clinical Doctorate Application Process