Interview dates Help!

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
kazzie89

Interview dates Help!

Post by kazzie89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi folks,

I've been offered an interview the same week I'm flying to New York :shock:

As of today I do not know the specific date for the interview but I was wondering if those who had interviewed at Trent before could tell me if there were dates throughout the week or one specified day for interviewing?

If this was a flight to Europe I would have no qualms about flying out a day late, however, a flight to New York is quite expensive on its own and so to pay twice is torture to my poor bank balance!

Many thanks,

kazzie
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered" - Tom Stoppard

cberry18

Re: Interview dates Help!

Post by cberry18 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:35 pm

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/InterviewDates.pdf

This PDF is released pretty early on in the application process - I always make sure I don't book any holidays/make any plans on the potential interview dates of my four choices.

hawke

Post by hawke » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:57 pm

kazzie89 wrote:Hi folks,

As of today I do not know the specific date for the interview but I was wondering if those who had interviewed at Trent before could tell me if there were dates throughout the week or one specified day for interviewing?

If this was a flight to Europe I would have no qualms about flying out a day late, however, a flight to New York is quite expensive on its own and so to pay twice is torture to my poor bank balance!

Many thanks,

kazzie
I've had some (but not all) universities be quite accommodating with interview days - definitely worth emailing them to beg for a day that wouldn't mean cancelling flights!

kazzie89

Post by kazzie89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:40 pm

cberry18 wrote:https://www.leeds.ac.uk/chpccp/InterviewDates.pdf

This PDF is released pretty early on in the application process - I always make sure I don't book any holidays/make any plans on the potential interview dates of my four choices.

I can't really help this one, it's a family wedding so the dates been set for 18 months :/

I've had some (but not all) universities be quite accommodating with interview days - definitely worth emailing them to beg for a day that wouldn't mean cancelling flights!
I've emailed them with the information so keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the replies guys!
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered" - Tom Stoppard

ChristinaG

Interview dates Help!

Post by ChristinaG » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

kazzie89 wrote:Hi folks,

Many thanks,

kazzie
All the interview dates are on the clearing house website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk