Special needs home support Hitchin approx 12 hours per week

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)

Special needs home support Hitchin approx 12 hours per week

Postby miriam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Friends of mine with a seven year old child with special needs in Hitchin are seeking a psychology student or graduate who can work with their daughter to support the ABA therapy that is being undertaken, and do activity based work to develop her skills, so that her mother can do some work and attend to the needs of their other child. The hours of work are on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 3pm to 7pm. They are willing to pay up to £12/hour dependent on skills and experience.

The child had treatment for a brain tumour when she was a toddler, and has social communication and learning needs that are greater than a typical child her age, and needs splints to walk effectively. She is a friendly sweet girl, but she can be quite stubborn, so you will need to be quite creative and persistent!

Some guidance from the ABA worker will be available, so that you can share the strategies that are beginning to work with her during the ABA time, and paid time to attend ABA training and relevant professional meetings will be provided.

They are a lovely family, known to me for a long time, and they will treat the person in this support work role well. I think this would be great first step experience for a student or graduate, trying to start to apply psychological skills in a real setting.

PM me for more information and the contact information for the family. I'll update this post to indicate when they appoint someone.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
miriam
Site Admin

Return to Job adverts