Assistant Clinical Psychologist - Bolton CAMHS

Advertise posts here, or link to adverts online that others may be interested in

Assistant Clinical Psychologist - Bolton CAMHS

Postby BenJMan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Afternoon all,

Late notice but our HR department is a nightmare. Tomorrow morning (supposedly!!!) we will be advertising for 2 Assistant Clinical Psychologist posts, both fixed term, one is fixed term for 1 year (with a good chance of extension), the other is fixed term until April 2012 (with some chance of extension but not as much as the other!).

Both are full time at band 4. They are fantastic posts and will offer excellent experience and supervision. I have found working here to be an amazing learning experience and very fulfilling in comparison to how I know some AP roles out there can be. There is a lot of client contact and a good chance to work with complex cases. There are also research opportunities etc etc etc.

As it is such short notice I don't feel it will be fair to provide the job description / person spec at this point (plus I'm going home shortly so I wouldnt recieve any requests before tomorrow morning!) It's a fairly standard person spec etc, nothing to catch people out!

Hope I see some of you at interview! I will be on the main panel :twisted:

Ben.

P.S. If for any reason they don't go out as expected, which has happened in the past, I will repost up here and let people have the person spec etc.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Want to advertise with us? You or your business could fill this space. Email clinpsyforum@gmail.com for information.

Re: Assistant Clinical Psychologist - Bolton CAMHS

Postby SarahMack » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:19 pm

I take it this position will be posted on the NHS website??
SarahMack

Postby BenJMan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:10 pm

It should have bee! Damned HR, shouldve known that 3rd time asking it to go up was not the charm.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.
BenJMan

Postby HelenFitzgerald » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Have these posts been advertised yet? I know they close quite fast if they get a lot of applications!! If they've not been advertised do you know when they might be?

Thanks!
HelenFitzgerald

Postby rachaelsarah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:36 am

Hi All,

I might be totally off the mark here but Ben did I meet you at a mock interview that my supervisor had arranged for us in Preston in April ish? Helen ... I definately know you from work!! :) Just browsing on here and thought i'd ask as its a very small psychological world!

Rachael
rachaelsarah

Postby BenJMan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:14 pm

You did indeed, it took me a minute to remember then :)

As for the posts they should have gone up already but obviously haven't, we have no idea why :/ They will be up any day now. I will be happy now to send people the job description and person spec if they want it, PM me your email address and I'll send them over. Also happy to answer any questions you might have about the role or Bolton.

Ben.
BenJMan

Postby BenJMan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:13 am

Haha, well folks, the job advert for this is up, however they have also listed the two other non related posts we have advertised within the same advert and not included person specs or job descriptions with is UTTERLY ridiculous, so the advert may well come down and go back up again :P Either way get applying! I'll update as I have news. Don't give up all hope if it dissapears in an hour or so, more likely to be so it can be reformatted rather than closed.
BenJMan

Postby BenJMan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 am

Right, it looks like that one is staying up and they are now going to put the others out seperately, so definitely get applying!
BenJMan

Postby SarahMack » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Could you send the link to the job as I can't seem to find it.

Thanks
SarahMack

Postby BenJMan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:16 am

The post went up at 11am-ish and came down an hour later with 70 applicants. I don't like the system but I can appreciate why it's difficult, especially as I now have to help shortlist from 70 people :(
BenJMan

Postby Goats » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 am

1 hour?

So basically there'll be 70 generic applications, and anyone who went off to tailor their application to the post (or at work) would have been too late? No wonder you don't like the system! :shock:
Learn to think for yourself
Goats

Postby BenJMan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am

Pretty much sums up my feelings towards it :P
BenJMan

Postby ell » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:59 am

BenJMan wrote:The post went up at 11am-ish and came down an hour later with 70 applicants. I don't like the system but I can appreciate why it's difficult, especially as I now have to help shortlist from 70 people :(

It strikes me that it would be quite a helpful exercise, helping to shortlist other people's AP applications. It could really help you learn what makes a good and not so good application (though I am sure your applications are already great!). I feel like I learnt more about what makes a good experiment write up from marking endless undergrad projects than when I was actually an undergrad doing them myself.

L
ell

Postby BenJMan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Yea I'm really really pleased to be short listing (I pretty much begged for it :P), it will be great experience. I guess my point was that I think the system is flawed and removing a job after an hour isnt the way to get the best candidates, but on the other hand I sit imagining just how much of my time I would have comitted to short listing had we allowed the post to run for a week or two? And thats my time as a band 4 AP, nevermind the time of qualifieds and consultants. Swings and roundabouts!
BenJMan

Postby HelenFitzgerald » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Rachael I think we do know each other from work!

Wow 1 hr! I definately didn't have a chance! I work mainly 9-5 as a support worker and don't have the opportunity to apply for jobs during work! Like you say its frustrating but I can imagine the amount of applications they must get!
HelenFitzgerald

Return to Job adverts