Search terms and quirky job titles

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)

Search terms and quirky job titles

Postby miriam » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:08 pm

If you spot a job that might be relevant to people on this forum, but it wouldn't come up with the usual search terms, why not share the job title or suggest some search terms that would help?

Please do not link to any jobs directly, though you can mention if they are on nhs jobs or jobs.ac.uk

Note: if there are jobs being advertised by your employer, and they are not on nhs jobs or jobs.ac.uk why not suggest they advertise with us? The contact address for queries about advertising is clinpsyforum@gmail.com, so feel free to pass this on. Our rates are much lower than anywhere else, starting at just £40+vat, and you can earn a £5 Amazon voucher if they book an advert and say it was you that sent them to us!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Search terms and quirky job titles

Postby lakeland » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:22 pm

There is an NHS Assistant Psychologist post advertised as a Psychology Practitioner post on NHS Jobs currently.
lakeland

Postby Cally » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Assistant clinical psychologist
Research Associate
Research Fellow
Clinical Studies Officer
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Recovery Worker
Cally

Postby LeanneH » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 am

I generally think that the term "Therapy Technical Instructor" is one of the most bizarre job titles! :lol:
LeanneH

Postby nono » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:48 am

I once applied for something called 'Assistant Behavioural Therapy Practitioner' or something like that :lol:. Sometimes it's worth just typing the word 'assistant' into nhs jobs and seeing what comes up.
nono

Postby Loula » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:46 am

There is a post on NHS jobs for 'Test Scoring Assistant' which is a new one for me. Looks like they're looking for an undergrad to do it for 1.5 days per week so it might suit someone.
Loula

Postby aspiringpsych » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:23 am

Intervention assistant - I went for this recently and a lot of people I spoke to who had either seen it and not applied (but would usually go for all AP posts) or people who had actually got through to the written assessment stage, didn't realise it was supervised by a psychologist, involved working in a MDT, involved research/audit, one to one intervention etc and a lot of similar things to an AP post, so obviously really relevant to psychology people and those wanting to gain clinical experience, get onto doctorate etc. I am still awaiting the result (eek!) but it shows you should look outside the usual job titles and always read the job description.
aspiringpsych

Return to Job adverts