Assistant Psych vacancies: Peterborough CLOSED

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
miriam
Site Admin

Assistant Psych vacancies: Peterborough CLOSED

Post by miriam » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:38 pm

LifePsychol have a vacancy in the Peterborough area for an Assistant Psychologist to provide assessments and contribute to the wider service related to young people in children's residential homes. This involves travelling to various homes in the area and gathering information, setting up meetings, administering psychometric assessments and contributing to reports and letters. Over time there may be some scope to develop guided self-help resources to use with some of the young people, or to contribute to research. For 2 days per week there is work within Peterborough and the surrounding areas (with two days per month in south bucks and up to one day per month in Norfolk), but it may be combined with other work if you are willing to travel/be flexible (see below).

We also have a vacancy in the Matlock area for an Assistant Psychologist to provide assessments and contribute to psychological assessments for the family court, and to support the wider service related to young people in children's residential homes. This involves travelling to various locations in the area and gathering information, setting up meetings, administering psychometric assessments and contributing to reports and letters. For 2 days per week there is work within Matlock and the surrounding areas, but it may be combined with other work if you are willing to travel/be flexible (see below).

The time we have available at present is:

2 days per week in Peterborough area
2 days per week in Matlock area

If you lived in Leicester or Grantham, the days in Matlock and Peterborough areas could be combined into a full-time post, though there would be quite a large amount of travel involved. So we are open to candidates who want part or full-time work, and will work out the geography between the best candidates after interview. There is the potential for additional AP work in each location developing over time, and for the right candidate we might be able to top any of the posts up to full-time with either administrative/research tasks and/or work that involves additional travel.

The posts involve a combination of:

- administering psychometric assessments
- gathering background information from files
- collecting questionnaire data from schools and foster/residential carers
- arranging formulation meetings in children's homes
- gathering outcome data and using an online outcome measurement tool
- acting as a champion for the outcome measurement protocol within services
- data entry and statistical analysis
- providing summary reports from outcome data/questionnaires
- summarising legal bundles
- writing up reports to a template provided
- making structured observations of children
- gathering third party observational data
- writing literature reviews
- contributing to academic papers for publication
- general administrative tasks (arranging meetings, responding to telephone and email enquiries, keeping track of materials, etc)
- other such tasks as the business requires

You'll be part of a geographically disparate team, including other assistants and qualified CPs, who meet up in person every other month, and over Skype in between. There will be opportunities to sit in on training events, and to contribute to research and publications.

The nature of the roles means that we require a psychology graduate with GBC (at a 2:1 or better, or with a completed post-graduate qualification), who has a driving license and access to a vehicle (or can propose suitable adaptation if they have a disability that prevents this) who is diligent and meticulous about collecting and writing up information. Experience administering psychometric assessments would be advantageous but is not essential, as full training will be provided. You need to be organised and proactive, able to set up meetings and communicate in a professional manner, including writing up reports to a high standard.

We provide supervision according to BPS recommendations, opportunities for personal development. Supervision for the Liverpool court work will be provided by a wonderful Consultant Clinical Psychologist (my peer supervisor, Dr Jaime Craig) and supervision for the consultancy roles and court work in other areas will come from other qualified CPs and myself as service manager. We all have a commitment to training and development, and a good track record of past assistants gaining places on clinical training (I'm currently at 8/8 past assistants gaining a place within a year of completing a year as an AP with me, though I suspect this is as much about who I select as the experiences we provide).

Salary is £18,500 per annum (pro rata for part-time).

Application by CV (no more than 2 sides please) with a covering letter (one side) to lifepsychol@gmail.com by the end of the month please.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

miriam
Site Admin

Re: Assistant Psych vacancies: Liverpool, Peterborough, Matl

Post by miriam » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:09 pm

Update: We have appointed to Liverpool, but we are still open to applicants for Matlock or Peterborough until the end of the month.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com