Manchester 2017

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Re: Manchester 2017

Postby CorbyKitten » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm very excited and dying to get started, but a bit frustrated about our move as we still haven't found anywhere to live so we can't start planning properly yet! How are you feeling?

Maybe the other folk just aren't on this forum? The list of names on emails I've had from the University certainly sound like real people :lol:
CorbyKitten

Postby nicolaannolive » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Oh no! Have you decided on an area yet? Rents/house prices vary greatly across the city. There are some nicer places in north Manchester a lot cheaper than south Manchester.I'm really excited but really nervous, I've not done anything 'academic' since 2011 so feel out of practice.

Have you submitted your DBS yet? I keep getting strange emails from trac.jobs to fill it in but don't have a log in or password.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone, it's all a bit exciting :D
nicolaannolive

Postby CorbyKitten » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 am

We're looking at a few different areas but are pretty open to anything as long as it's a nice house in a reasonable area. We're not panicking just yet but may start soon if we don't get something in the near future!

I'm nervous too - I think that's probably normal so don't worry! I'd expect there'll be people with all sorts of backgrounds and experience so I'm sure they won't just chuck us in the deep end!

Yes I submitted mine last week and it's come back already - they're super organised! I was a bit confused about usernames/passwords too but assuming you've received the same emails as me, if you go into the letter that was attached to the email from Trac on 20th July (subject: "Conditional Offer of Appointment"), and click on the link on the second page under "Convictions", it takes you to a login page. I just clicked on "Register" or "Create account" or something (can't remember exactly) and made up a login and it recognised me and had all my details in there. I don't think I can just give you the link because I think the link must be personalised to you (seeing as it recognised me). If that doesn't work, you could maybe get in touch with Tracey Hepburn and ask her advice?

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone too - very exciting indeed :D
CorbyKitten

Postby katewilliams87 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 am

Hi both!

I did the same with the DBS. I registered last week and I now have a tracking number so can check my DBS progress. Mine is still in progress at the moment. Did you ignore all the other stuff in that email? Tracey Hepburn said to so I only acted on the DBS bit.

I'm a bit nervous but also really excited to start and meet everyone. I'm submitting my PhD end of August so I think I'll start to give it more thought then and I'll probably feel more nervous then.

We might start this up in October anyway but we could think about setting up a Facebook group for our cohort? We have all the emails so could easily be done. What do you guys think?
katewilliams87

Postby CorbyKitten » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello again Kate!

Yes, I originally ignored EVERYTHING (including the DBS bit) but I got another email chasing me! All very confusing.

Wow, almost there then - well done you! Any idea when your viva will be? It'd be great if you could get it out of the way before you start the course. I think mine was about 2 months after I submitted but I guess it depends on your examiners' availability.

A Facebook group would be good. Do you think it's OK to add people without their permission? Although I suppose they can just ignore an invite if they don't want to join/don't have FB?
CorbyKitten

Postby katewilliams87 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:12 pm

Annoyingly, I think the viva will be in November. I'd have loved it to have been before the course, but I just don't think it's possible. Oh well.

I could create a FB group and send the link to join to all the emails we have. Then people can choose to opt in. Who knows, it might end up being just the three of us!

I'll create a group this afternoon and send you the link.
katewilliams87

Postby CorbyKitten » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Urgh that's annoying. Nevermind, at least you'll have submitted anyway.

Thanks for doing the FB group. I see there are OTHER PEOPLE! :lol:
CorbyKitten

Postby katewilliams87 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Haha, lots of people in fact!
katewilliams87

Previous

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses