Course start dates?

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Course start dates?

Postby sparkling » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi all

Apologies I have googled but can't find what I'm after. I'd like to know when courses start generally? Specifically Surrey but any indication would be great or beginning Sept?

Thanks!

Tamsin
sparkling

Re: Course start dates?

Postby purpledot » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:25 pm

I think there's quite a lot of variation between the courses, e.g. mine started on 1st September (Lancs), but other courses didn't start until the first week of October. It might be easiest to contact the course and ask them?
purpledot

Postby sparkling » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Cheers purpledot. Sorry probably should have explained a bit more to stop me looking totally lazy and stupid! I haven't got a place but only an interview and didn't want to look too enthusiastic by emailing asking for a start date :-) x
sparkling

Postby MarkM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 pm

sparkling wrote:Cheers purpledot. Sorry probably should have explained a bit more to stop me looking totally lazy and stupid! I haven't got a place but only an interview and didn't want to look too enthusiastic by emailing asking for a start date :-) x

I don't think you'd look too enthusiastic; you're only planning ahead which is understandable. I think e-mailing is your best (and only?) bet to get a definite answer. There's variation between the courses, but also within courses. I'm at Salomons (don't know whether that's the same start date as Surrey) - last year's cohort started in October, whilst the year before started last week of September. Not a huge difference, but still... (:

Good luck with the interview!
:cat: I like cats! :cat:
MarkM

Postby purpledot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:34 pm

sparkling wrote:Cheers purpledot. Sorry probably should have explained a bit more to stop me looking totally lazy and stupid! I haven't got a place but only an interview and didn't want to look too enthusiastic by emailing asking for a start date :-) x

Haha, don't worry - you didn't come across as lazy or stupid! But I'd definitely second MarkM's suggestion - I'm sure enthusiasm would reflect well on you and showing that that course is your first choice :) best of luck with your interview
purpledot

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses