Surrey Course

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Surrey Course

Postby lism » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me bit of info on the Surrey course because I'm thinking of applying? Are there any trainees on it at the moment or who have gone through it? i suppose what I want to know is if there is good support in place and just generally what the team is like.

Thanks in advance :D
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic - Professor Dumbledor
lism

Re: Surrey Course

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Have you had a look at the alternative handbook yet? There's some information about course support and so on (:
:cat: I like cats! :cat:
MarkM

Postby haymond » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi, I'm a current trainee on the course. My experience of the team is that they are supportive. The course has recently moved to be more systemic oriented and are seeking to get systemic accreditation at introductary level embedded within the course. Having said that, the course does teach a range of other therapeutic models. There are a range of support on the course. These include being paired with a buddy from the year above, being paired with a clinical tutor on the course, being paired with a mentor who is independent from the uni and the trust that employs you, there's personal and professional development groups, and the other trainee's on the course. I imagine many of these support will be similar on other courses. Something to add is that we get 2 hrs of weekly supervision on placement, which I'm not sure how typical this is of other courses. Hope this helps, but feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
haymond

Postby lism » Mon May 01, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks mark and haymond :D that really helps!
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic - Professor Dumbledor
lism

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses