Surrey 2017!

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Re: Surrey 2017!

Postby hiccough » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi all! Very excited to say I'll be joining you all in September!!!
Has anyone received the 'official letter' yet? I completed the uni of surrey online application on Monday but haven't spied anything in my inbox that looks official?
hiccough

Postby Tlf » Thu May 18, 2017 2:01 pm

I've not had any official letters. Just the DBS check form, the OH form and the email inviting us to the intro afternoon in July :)
Tlf

Postby sparkling » Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Nope I haven't received anything "official", but haven't completed the online registration either :D.
I haven't received an email about the DBS check either??
sparkling

Postby LauraRose » Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi everyone :)

I haven't had a confirmation/ official letter following the online university application form either. It's still says it's being processed by the university I think.

Sparkling, I was sent the DBS form last week but only found it yesterday as it went to my junk mail. Might be worth checking there if you haven't already! Or maybe they only send them once you've done the online application.

Hope to meet you all in July! X
LauraRose

Postby sparkling » Thu May 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Really helpful - found and done now!! Thanks!
sparkling

Postby LucyT » Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm probably a bit late to the party but I just wanted to say I have confirmed my place and I will be joining you all at Surrey (Woooo). I am from Newcastle so it is a pretty hefty move but I am very excited and looking forward to meeting you all in person.

Lucy x
LucyT

Postby madeinlondon90 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to say I'll also be joining you. I have just about finished the admin (OH and CRB) I think!

I'm going to be staying in London for the course and commuting down, I might stay in the area during teaching blocks though. Would be great if someone started a Facebook group maybe?

Really excited to meet you all and for the Surrey course!
madeinlondon90

Postby earlydaze » Tue May 30, 2017 9:58 am

madeinlondon90 wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to say I'll also be joining you. I have just about finished the admin (OH and CRB) I think!

I'm going to be staying in London for the course and commuting down, I might stay in the area during teaching blocks though. Would be great if someone started a Facebook group maybe?

Really excited to meet you all and for the Surrey course!

This forum has bee so helpful already (would never have known to check my junk email for the DBS check forms!) I think a Facebook group is a great idea!

Don't think I would know how to set one up though, any volunteers?
earlydaze

Postby tasha236 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:00 am

Hi all,

Also a little late to the party but just wanted to post to say hello :D Very excited to be joining you all on the course! Is everyone able to attend the introductory day on the 4th? Fantastic opportunity to meet prior to starting. I'm keen on the idea of a facebook group and would be happy to set it up, perhaps we can all swap details at the intro day?

LucyT - I'm moving down from Middlesbrough, not quite sure how I'm going to manage viewing houses etc!

I wonder if anyone more local to the Guildford may be able to give some advice/information on the local area for those moving to Surrey? Any and all advice welcome!

Look forward to meeting you all soon x
tasha236

Postby dk00112 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi again all,

I am planning to be there on 4th July. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting a bit more information about what to expect in September too!

Tasha236 - I did my undergrad degree at Surrey and so have lived in Guildford, and am still living in the Surrey area. Happy to answer any questions about living in Guildford/other areas in Surrey :)
dk00112

Postby littletoaster101 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am

tasha236 wrote:Hi all,

Also a little late to the party but just wanted to post to say hello :D Very excited to be joining you all on the course! Is everyone able to attend the introductory day on the 4th? Fantastic opportunity to meet prior to starting. I'm keen on the idea of a facebook group and would be happy to set it up, perhaps we can all swap details at the intro day?

LucyT - I'm moving down from Middlesbrough, not quite sure how I'm going to manage viewing houses etc!

I wonder if anyone more local to the Guildford may be able to give some advice/information on the local area for those moving to Surrey? Any and all advice welcome!

Look forward to meeting you all soon x

Hey :D
I'm moving from Norwich (so not quite as far as you!) but have been looking on spareroom for somewhere to live :), it's quite daunting but there is lots about :).

xx
littletoaster101

Postby sparkling » Wed May 31, 2017 9:07 am

Hi everyone! Would be great if someone could set up a facebook group. I have zero idea how – lets chat at the open afternoon maybe?
I was wondering what people were doing about handing in notice to their current jobs (if you need to?) Does anyone know when we get our actual contract? I have a 3 month notice period (and only started 4 weeks ago sob) so pretty much need to give it now so I have a few weeks to sort the house and by clothes etc. But I don’t think we will get a contract before that? I would hope nothing goes wrong of course but…
I live in Walton on Thames in Surrey and won't be moving but don't know much about good value areas to rent. Happy to help with finding nice areas to live though!!
sparkling

Postby shevy1 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:45 pm

I'm only moving down the road but I'm finding it daunting looking for places! Spareroom is great, I use OpenRent too which is a website for landlords to post their places (for whole places, not rooms) - a good way of avoiding horrible agency fees!

There are some cool towns in Surrey, I would love to live in Guildford itself but it's a bit expensive. Farnham is very pretty and seems cheaper than most places in Surrey, Woking and Leatherhead are nice too :)

So excited! I've just submitted my occupational health form, I'm still half waiting on them emailing me to tell me they changed their mind haha.

I am happy to create a Facebook group, I can make it now :D Do a few of you want to PM me your email addresses and I can get the ball rolling? Then we can get everyone else's details at the open day!
shevy1

Postby earlydaze » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:26 am

shevy1 wrote:I'm only moving down the road but I'm finding it daunting looking for places! Spareroom is great, I use OpenRent too which is a website for landlords to post their places (for whole places, not rooms) - a good way of avoiding horrible agency fees!

There are some cool towns in Surrey, I would love to live in Guildford itself but it's a bit expensive. Farnham is very pretty and seems cheaper than most places in Surrey, Woking and Leatherhead are nice too :)

So excited! I've just submitted my occupational health form, I'm still half waiting on them emailing me to tell me they changed their mind haha.

I am happy to create a Facebook group, I can make it now :D Do a few of you want to PM me your email addresses and I can get the ball rolling? Then we can get everyone else's details at the open day!

Thanks for the OpenRent tip, I am moving from Portsmouth with my other half and our dog which makes finding somewhere to rent a bit problematic!

Also thanks for volunteering to do the Facebook group I will PM you my email address now :)
earlydaze

Postby Tlf » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:56 am

earlydaze wrote:
shevy1 wrote:I'm only moving down the road but I'm finding it daunting looking for places! Spareroom is great, I use OpenRent too which is a website for landlords to post their places (for whole places, not rooms) - a good way of avoiding horrible agency fees!

Thanks for the OpenRent tip, I am moving from Portsmouth with my other half and our dog which makes finding somewhere to rent a bit problematic!

Also thanks for volunteering to do the Facebook group I will PM you my email address now :)

Hi earlydaze,

It's a small world! I moved out of Portsmouth in February to move to Bournemouth with my other half. We still aren't sure what to do about moving yet as unfortunately he owns the house we live in. We also have two cats so the difficulty of finding somewhere to rent that allows pets!

I may end up commuting for a bit before we can move! Nightmare!
Tlf

PreviousNext

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses