Bath 2017 :)

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Bath 2017 :)

Postby emmalj » Thu May 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Hello!

Thought I'd start a thread for any of us who will be accepting an offer at Bath. Not sure how many responses I'll get as haven't seen many mentions on the threads, but it would be lovely to hear from any of you!! However, starting to think I might have imagined the whole thing, as no other confirmation other than a very shocked phone call on Friday :shock: :shock:

I interviewed on the Thursday if I happened to meet anyone then? Can't wait to meet you all soon anyway :)

Hope everyone's doing ok in this very gruelling process!
Emma x
emmalj

Re: Bath 2017 :)

Postby emwills11 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi Emma,

I'm also an Emma and have had a very similar experience to you!

I was interviewed on the Thursday, found out on the Friday and was completely surprised, and have felt like I'm imagining it as haven't had my letter through the post yet :shock: :shock: Has anybody else received their letters?

Thanks for starting a thread for the Bath cohort - looking forward to getting to know and meeting everybody! :D

Emma x
emwills11

Postby emmalj » Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Great to hear from you Emma - strange how similar we seem to be!! I don't think we met on the Thursday, but do remember there being another Emma and thinking I was being re-called for the academic interview :shock: Looking forward to training together - so long as we receive these elusive letters :lol:

Are you living locally at the moment or going to be moving? I'm based in Brighton currently but actually have a house (and partner!) in Bristol, so will be coming home!! Really can't wait :D :D

Hope to hear from anyone else who might be joining us x
emmalj

Postby emwills11 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:09 pm

I don't think we met on Thursday either as I wasn't aware there was another Emma! Shows how much I was taking in under the anxiety of it all!! :?

I called the Programme Administrator today, as when I received my call with the offer on Friday, the tutor said a letter would hopefully arrive on Monday. The Programme Administrator said that Monday was being very optimistic and said they hoped to get the letters out today, so hopefully we should receive them soon! :D Also the Clearing House website has changed so you can accept your offer, so it feels a bit more real now!

I currently live in Surrey and so will be relocating - really looking forward to living in Bath/Bristol but don't really know where to start! Would be very happy to hear from anyone else who is also looking to relocate, or grateful for any advice! :mrgreen:
emwills11

Postby MissEleanor » Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Hello!

I'm thrilled to be accepting my place to join you guys at Bath this year. The official offer letter arrived by email this evening so it all suddenly seems very real :shock: I interviewed Thursday too and think I did chat to an Emma, although I'm afraid it's all a bit of blur to me now!

I'm also new to the area and will be looking for affordable accommodation options in the Bath area, preferably close to a train station, so any advice would be very welcome.

If anyone fancies meeting up over the summer for an informal get together and chance to explore Bath some more, then do let me know! :D Perhaps PM me and we could set up a private FB group?

Eleanor x
MissEleanor

Postby emwills11 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi Eleanor,

Nice to hear from you! I don't remember speaking to an Eleanor but I probably did as it was also a real blur to me afterwards! I was wearing a black and white check dress if that helps (but it may have been the other Emma you remember talking to!)

It's starting to feel more real after the emails, but I don't think it will properly hit me until day 1! Really looking forward to it though!

I'm definitely looking for affordable accommodation too, and am open to living in the Bath/Bristol areas (and people to live with!!) I think it would be nice to get together over the summer for an informal meet and explore! An FB group is a good idea!

Emma x
emwills11

Postby emmalj » Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Hello :D

Good to hear from you Eleanor, and glad we got our offer letters through!! Still can't believe it... and Emma, I think I do remember you now you mentioned the dress - vaguely remember having an anxious conversation in the bathroom :lol: (I was the very tall one!)

Anyway, yes, a FB group sounds like a good idea, and be great to meet up in the summer. I know Bristol (Bath a little bit) and would be happy to show you around / offer some thoughts on places to live. I'll be based in Fishponds in Bristol, which definitely isn't the most scenic, but nice and cheap!! :wink:

Looking forward to meeting you all in less stressful circumstances! x
emmalj

Postby km1991 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am

Hi all!

I have recently accepted a place at Bath, too! :) Exciting!!

Would be great to start a Facebook group, and maybe meet up over summer if people are around. I'll be relocating to Bristol from Birmingham, so any advice about areas etc would be really helpful.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Karen
km1991

Postby jlb36 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

Hi everyone :D

I've been offered a place at Bath too which I'll be accepting - I still can't believe it to be honest! Does anyone else feel like it's all a bit surreal at the moment?

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all! I'll be moving to Bath/Bristol area with my partner (probably Bath but need to see what we can find in our budget - we'll be moving from Worcester so a bit of a price difference!). We've lived in Bath in the past so know it quite well (and Bristol a little bit too) so happy to help in any way I can. It's a really lovely place to live.

I would be really up for meeting up before the course starts - how exciting! Still pinching myself!

Jess xx
jlb36

Postby MissEleanor » Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am

Hi everyone,

I've had a go at setting up a Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1909374549306018/

Or search 'Bath 2017 DClinPsy cohort' and ask to join.

Let me know if this works! :wink:

Eleanor x
MissEleanor

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses