Cardiff 2017

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Re: Cardiff 2017

Postby jezzie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Hello!

Congratulations everyone on getting on the course!

I will also be joining you in October! I was offered a place last year, but I had to defer my entry as I've had a baby. It's been quite an exciting year!

You all seem like a lovely bunch, I too enjoy cider/prosecco/knitting/ GoT so it sounds like we're going to get along well :D

Look forward to meeting everyone,

Jerrie
jezzie

Postby YellowNutshell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 am

Nice to have you joining us Jerrie!

I'm starting to get a little impatient waiting for any information :roll:
YellowNutshell

Postby gazdavies » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Hello all (if any of you are still following this!) I'm Gareth (Gaz - I answer to most things)

I'll also be starting in October and have to cram my excitement into a very short period of time as I had an extremely late offer (the admin manager is still trying to retrieve what's left of her hand!)

If any of you interviewed on Wednesday 10th May in the afternoon we may well have met, but can't wait to meet you all. I'm still not sure it's quite sunk in yet, I haven't stopped smiling for over a week :D

I'm also a Cardiff boy so if anyone wants any advice on the area or has any questions I'm happy to help if I can

See you all soon!
gazdavies

Postby Esk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 pm

gazdavies wrote:Hello all (if any of you are still following this!) I'm Gareth (Gaz - I answer to most things)

I'll also be starting in October and have to cram my excitement into a very short period of time as I had an extremely late offer (the admin manager is still trying to retrieve what's left of her hand!)

If any of you interviewed on Wednesday 10th May in the afternoon we may well have met, but can't wait to meet you all. I'm still not sure it's quite sunk in yet, I haven't stopped smiling for over a week :D

I'm also a Cardiff boy so if anyone wants any advice on the area or has any questions I'm happy to help if I can

See you all soon!

Hi Gaz! I hadn't checked in for a while but glad I did- Hello! Congrats on your late offer, must have been such a shock! I look forward to meeting you very soon.

:D
Esk

Postby gazdavies » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi Esk,
Yes quite the surprise! It's all starting to ramp up now, apparently lots of info coming out the next week, I'm sort of catching up with everything, I know they finalise enrolment and everything after start dates I've now been told, but obviously having had the offer so late I'm pretty much being flung things and having to return them same day to get on with everything. I actually have my NHS appointment early tomorrow (slight annoyance that we have to do exactly the same procedure in full twice as the NHS won't accept Cardiff Uni's checks in their own right, and they're making me go all the way to Nantgarw just to show them my passport!) but it'll be worth it in the end!

Super excited now, can't believe it's less than two weeks away. I've spent like a royal in the last couple of weeks on kitting myself out for my very very late return to uni (who would have thought going back to study at 35 :-)).

Can't wait to get started now, and intrigued to see how many I recognise on day one who interviewed in my session :-)
gazdavies

Previous

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses