Bangor 2017

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Bangor 2017

Postby smellen73 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Noswaith dda!!! That is about as far as I've got with learning Welsh. Apart from 'araf' and 'heddlu' that is :wink:

I know we are a bit thinner in numbers than the other courses, but just seeing if anyone starting at Bangor this year is on this board; would be great to make contact, as the interviews seem so long ago!

(and frantically hoping there is another wrinkly!)

Helen x
smellen73

Postby CaptainHazza » Sat May 20, 2017 10:50 am

Hi Helen! Congratulations on your offer, how exciting!

I'm on the Leicester course starting in September, but did my undergraduate​ and PGCE up in Bangor and still have such a fondness of the city and surrounding area.

Good start with the Welsh! There are many free training courses available if you fancy dabbling in a bit more cymraeg, I loved learning and it set me in good stead to teach it to primary children. Rather rusty now though.

A previous colleague of mine is in his second year of training in Bangor and speaks incredibly highly of the course. The staff are fantastic, too, so you're sure to be well looked after.

Craig

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
CaptainHazza

Re: Bangor 2017

Postby FunkyB » Sat May 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Hiya,

I'll be starting at Bangor in October too, still pinching myself!

I'm Beth by the way :)
FunkyB

Postby Purplefirepoi » Thu May 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi All

I will also be training with you and I'm a wrinkly too!! I am feeling very overwhelmed by the preparations involved in the big move North but it's coming together slowly. I'm going to be living around the Conwy/Llandudno junction area.

Is anyone else moving to do the course? Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Lindsay.
Purplefirepoi

Postby lism » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 am

Hi all!

I'm applying for next years entry and was wondering if anyone here can give me any advice about applying and maybe let me know how the course is going? I know specifics aren't allowed so hope I'm not breaking the rules by asking generally :oops:

Thanks in advance :D
Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic - Professor Dumbledor
lism

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses