Leeds 2017

Discuss the content and style of the different clinical psychology doctoral training courses, the differences between them, placements, teaching, chat to other trainees and connect with other people who have places on the same course

Leeds 2017

Postby nholt » Thu May 25, 2017 9:04 am

Hello :) thought I'd reach out and see if there are any others going to Leeds in October lurking on the forum?

Can't wait to get there and meet everyone!
nholt

Re: Leeds 2017

Postby katsis » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:01 am

Hi nholt! Nice to meet you :) I am also starting in Leeds this year. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. Which day did you interview on?
katsis

Postby Emhig » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi, I registered with the forum just so I could say hello! I will also be starting at Leeds in October :) looking forward to meet everyone! X
Emhig

Postby nholt » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Yay, I was starting to feel lonely!! Lovely to (e-)meet you both :) I interviewed on the Friday morning - what day were you guys there?

Has anybody had the application pack yet? I haven't had anything since the offer email, trying not to panic until after the acceptance deadline but want to make sure I haven't missed anything!
nholt

Postby Emhig » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:10 pm

I did feel sorry for your lonely post that's why I registered but it took a while for my account to be authorised. I interviewed on the Wednesday morning :) I haven't received anything either I think they will send them when they have the final group confirmed. Will you be moving or are you local?
Emhig

Postby katsis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh I interviewed on Friday morning too - everyone seemed really nice so that's good there'll be a familiar face :)

I actually emailed about the pack, I'm moving to Nigeria for three months and really wanted it before I go, but apparently they can't send until everyone is confirmed. So don't worry it's not lost in the post!

I did my undergrad in Leeds and then stayed for a few years after. I've lived in few different places since but am really looking forward to coming back to Leeds. What about you both?
katsis

Postby nholt » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Ahh I'm glad nothing's been missed then!

I'm moving up from Northampton (from Manchester originally, so really looking forward to being in the North again!!). We had a bit of a scope around this weekend, some really nice areas so I'm excited to start looking for houses properly :) any idea where you'll be moving to?
nholt

Postby Emhig » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes there are some nice areas around. I am from Bradford so very local, I live in Saltaire, which is 15 mins from the centre of Leeds on the train. I did my undergrad at Birmingham Uni. I was very excited to get on at Leeds as I can stay near friends and family. Although moving to a new place is always exciting too!

Wow! I'm sure living in Nigeria will be a great experience for you :) I've got a holiday booked to Tenerife before the course starts to not quite as adventurous! I feel like I might need a nice break though before the hard work begins .... :)
Emhig

Postby REC » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:52 am

Hi everyone!

I've also accepted my place at Leeds and I am really looking forward to starting! I interviewed on Tuesday afternoon. I currently work in London so I have a big move to make in September. It's good to hear some of you are local as I can quiz you over where the nicer places are to live :-)
REC

Postby Emhig » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi REC,

Glad you will be joining us in Leeds :) That's quite a big move for you! I am sure you will find things much cheaper in Leeds and it is a lovely place to live :) I am thinking of moving soon because I am currently renting and would like to look at the possibility of buying a place with my partner now I know where we are going to be long term.

There are lots of nice areas in North Leeds. Horsforth and Chapel Allerton both seem nice. I might look to move around there if its not out of my price range!
Emhig

Postby SarahCK » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello!!

I'm also coming to Leeds. I started reading the posts but never got to the end as I got excited when I saw that two of you interviewed on Friday morning - me too! I remember one of the trainees saying that it was a good time to interview when we were there...turns out they were right!
SarahCK

Postby nholt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:23 pm

There definitely seems to be something in interviewing on Friday! It'll be nice to have some familiar faces there on day one :)
nholt

Return to Clinical Doctorate Courses