Stage 2 Health Psychology- BPS

The place to ask about degree courses, conversion courses, masters, PhD or other qualifications. Discuss specific courses, their pros and cons, the content, the application process, different institutions, how to fund them, etc. Includes advice if you have a 2:2 and questions on transcripts

Stage 2 Health Psychology- BPS

Postby SamH » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:43 am

I have a couple of questions about Health Psychology Stage 2 Independent route, if anyone here has done this? I had been hoping to do mine via the university route but London Met are not running Stage 2 this year :( And City Uni are looking for a 2.1 (blasted 2.2 undergrad is going to haunt me forever! :oops: )

I've heard that people have done this through the BPS while also doing a Phd. I'm just wondering how that works? Do you have two separate supervisors- one for BPS and other for university? Also how are people doing this while meeting the competency for supervised practice?

Another random question is- how much (on average) is a supervision session? BPS require a minimum of 6 per year so I'm trying to calculate the cost of the whole lot!

And one last question- How long is it taking people to finish stage 2? I was told before that 3 years is more realistic.

thank you!
SamH

Return to Psychology degrees, conversions and postgrad qualifications