Assistant Groups

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.

Re: Assistant Groups

Postby BlytheB » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 am

New Info update for the Lincolnshire Assistant Psychologist Group:
Assistant Psychologists, Graduate Mental Health Workers, Research Assistants or anybody else interested in a career within Clinical Psychology are welcome to attend. This is a great opportunity to give those interested in a career in clinical psychology the opportunity to meet others in a similar position. The aim of the group is to offer peer support, information regarding clinical training and application as well as hear from guest speakers from relevant areas within clinical psychology. All group members are included in planning sessions to ensure the meetings are of relevance and interest.
The group meetings are held on the first Monday of the month, 2.30-5pm(ish!), in Lincoln. For more information and to be added to the mailing list for the Lincolnshire Assistant Psychologists group email Blythe Buttery at Blythe.Buttery@autismcareuk.com or Jess Ferguson at Jessica.ferguson@lpft.nhs.uk.
BlytheB

Postby Karimasusi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi,

Just to let you know I am the new chair of the Leicestershire Assistants' group. We meet once a month for 1-2 hours and cover a wide range of topics and frequently have guest speakers. Anyone looking to pursue a career in clinical psychology is welcome to attend and can email me on Karima.Susi@leicspart.nhs.uk

The old Leicester graduate psychology group is no longer running (one of the emails does not work and Precina responded saying she no longer runs the group and isn't aware of another one). So, if you could please update these details on the forum that would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Karima Susi
Karimasusi

Postby laurenr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:24 pm

I've heard there's a new Hampshire AP group starting in Havant, near Portsmouth. It's being run by some APs in a private company called Psychology Chartered and it's on 17th November. The info is here http://psychologychartered.co.uk/blog/c ... hologists/
laurenr

Postby cassieleighanne » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Please could you add details for the Hertfordshire Assistant Psychologist group. Those interested in attending can email us on herts.assistant.psychologists@gmail.com, we meet on the last Friday of the month

thank you :)
cassieleighanne

Postby Georgie2788 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:34 am

Does anyone know of any assistant groups in or around west London?
Georgie2788

Postby bboytomo » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Georgie2788 wrote:Does anyone know of any assistant groups in or around west London?

Hi Georgie, I'm an AP working in the elderly care and stroke department at Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow, and I too have been looking for a group in the area for a long time.

If you do manage to find one then please do let me know.

Thanks,

Tom
bboytomo

Postby Randomswirls » Thu May 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi tom and georgie

There is an informal Ap group based in harrow which Is on fb/WhatsApp so if you send me a pm I can add you to it.

That said I think it's going to wind down post interviews for a bit!
Randomswirls

Postby JessicaJamJar » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 am

Hi,

Does anyone know of any AP groups in Derby, or nearby?

Thanks!
JessicaJamJar

Postby MindfulPsych » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Does anyone know any groups in Hampshire and Berkshire? I know there us one in Havant but I'm not able to make that group unfortunately :(

Thanks!
MindfulPsych

Postby Esuma » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:10 am

There was one in Berkshire but it seemed to only be for a specific trust as they only met up in the middle of the day at a specific hospital My work emails changed so I've lost the email now!
Esuma

Postby sweetpea » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:43 pm

^ The Berkshire one is still running, as far as I know, but they don't meet as regularly as they used to. Useful stuff gets emailed round sometimes though. Email: sarah.harrison2@berkshire.nhs.uk
sweetpea

Postby MindfulPsych » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 pm

sweetpea wrote:^ The Berkshire one is still running, as far as I know, but they don't meet as regularly as they used to. Useful stuff gets emailed round sometimes though. Email: sarah.harrison2@berkshire.nhs.uk

Thank you :D
MindfulPsych

Previous

Return to Events, groups, meetings, resources, reviews