Free Clinical Psychology talks - Leeds

Discuss local psychology graduate / assistant psychologist groups, training events, conferences, meetings and open days. Let people know what is coming up, and report back about events you have attended. Review materials and books here.

Free Clinical Psychology talks - Leeds

Postby kathryn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Dear all,

New Directions in Clinical Psychology
DClin Guest Speaker Series

We are proud to announce the next series of guest speakers hosted by the trainees at Leeds School of Clinical Psychology. "New Directions in Clinical Psychology" guest speaker series hears from exciting and innovative voices across the research and clinical fields of clinical psychology.

You are warmly invited to join us for the first two talks:

"What's Wrong With You? I Don't Know" The Psychology of Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Thursday 18th January 2018 - 5-6pm - Alice Kennedy
Seminar room 8.49d, 8th Floor, Worsley Building, University of Leeds

In this talk entitled, Alice Kennedy (Lecturer at Leeds Trinity University) will tell us about her current research projects investigating the psychology of medically unexplained symptoms.
Facebook event page:

Who Helps the Helpers? Developing a Psychology Service to Support Hospital Staff
Thursday 1st March 2018 - 5-6pm - Carly Telford, Joanna Farrington-Exely & David Green
Seminar room 8.49d, 8th Floor, Worsley Building, University of Leeds

Carly and Joanna (Clinical Psychologists, LGI) have spent the past year setting up a new service supporting the Leeds paediatic critical care team. They come to share their reflections on the challenges and highlights of the project.
Facebook event page:

About the talks:
- All talks in this series will last for 45 - 50 minutes followed by 10 - 15 minutes of questions, discussion and comments
- There is no need to book - please just turn up!
- All are welcome - so please share these events with anyone who might be interested
- For additional information about these talks, please contact Kathryn via pm

Please keep you eye out for details of future talks - and we hope to see you soon!

PS... I know I met someone from here at a previous talk and I took your email to send you more info...I have unfortunately lost you email so I hope you see this message and forgive me for my uselessness!

Return to Training, events, groups, meetings, resources, reviews