Trainee Mental Health Workers in London

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc

Re: Trainee Mental Health Workers in London

Postby Hippoc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Hello, I've just been invited to interview on the 7th, anyone else?
Hippoc

Postby Booga » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi Hippoc, I've been invited to interview on the 7th as well. Fingers crossed it goes well for both of us! :)
Booga

Postby Hippoc » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:59 am

Best of luck too Booga, I'm trying to gather as much info from this thread as possible! It's gone a bit quiet for this years hopefuls it seems
Hippoc

Postby lucygarstka » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Hello I have been invited to the assessment also on the 7th! Good luck to both of you!

Most worried about the numeracy element, do you know if a calculator is allowed?
lucygarstka

Postby Hippoc » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 pm

I don't think calculators will be allowed, it'll hopefully be reasonably easy, probably not higher than GCSE level!
Hippoc

Postby steliana » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi guys,

How did you find the day today.. It was a bit hectic with all this waiting!!!.. Does any of you know when we should hear back if successful?
steliana

Postby lucygarstka » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello!

Didn't think it was too bad, the questions were okay but I always have a massive habbit of rambling in interviews!! How did you find it? I heard it was some point this week we'll find out....waiting is the worst part!
lucygarstka

Postby steliana » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:28 pm

It was the easiest interview I have ever had... I found them to be a bit cold faced not giving much info on how you did with the exception of the SU present.. I overheard some people while waiting sharing their questions and what made me an impression is that mine were completely different! So they either lied or there were different questions for different applicants??.. Also, I was the last to be interviewed and though mine went well quick just 10 min including my questions, while it seemed like other people's were taking longer...
steliana

Postby Booga » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:17 pm

My interview was pretty quick as well Steliana, I'm now slightly worried that I didn't answer the questions fully but hopefully we'll have both got through ok.

I was told they'd hopefully call us by the 14th regarding if you've got a place or on the reservation list. Think some of the past ones got emailed though. I'll probs wait until the 21st and then contact them if I haven't heard anything. Although does anyone have any clue as to who to contact? Janine Robertin?
Booga

Postby steliana » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Yes, I believe it is her who we have to contact, as I just emailed her and she said that we will know by the end of the week..
steliana

Postby lucygarstka » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Yes my interview was also really quick, did find it a bit worrying at first but I suppose they didn't have too many questions they wanted to ask....frustrating having to wait to find out though! Has anyone heard anything yet? I was hoping we would find out today!
lucygarstka

Postby Booga » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:26 am

Just finished work there at 11pm and came home to find that I received an email from Janine Robertin offering me a place. I hope all you guys have heard back too!

I need to try and sort accomodation out now :/
Booga

Postby Hippoc » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:35 pm

I got the email too, looks like I'm off to BEH, how about you guys?
Well done everyone :)
Hippoc

Postby Booga » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Congrats! :D

I'm in BEH as well although I said I'd prefer to be there. Were you hoping for C+I?

Also does anyone know if a facebook group/page has been created for everyone starting in Jan? I guess it's still early days...
Booga

Postby Hippoc » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:14 am

Yes I was hoping for BEH too :D No-one else has replied so it looks like it's just us two going atm haha. When do you think we'll hear from HR?
Hippoc

PreviousNext

Return to Applications