Trainee Mental Health Workers in London

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc

Re: Trainee Mental Health Workers in London

Postby ThomasPollard » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:33 pm

I haven't heard anything at all yet. Not a rejection, an acceptance for C&I or BEH. So who would i contact?
ThomasPollard

Postby lynn » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 pm

ThomasPollard wrote:I haven't heard anything at all yet. Not a rejection, an acceptance for C&I or BEH. So who would i contact?

In that case; email Lorrain Cousins from BEH regarding your Interview Outcome.

I dont have her direct number, but probably email her back from the reminder she send us regarding Interviews before.

Lyn x
lynn

Postby Eve08 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi guys,

Has anyone gone through Occupational Health Clearance/Tests for EPP Work here? If so, what does it involve?

What if I can't prove Immunisations and Blood tests that I had throughout my life? :roll:
Eve08

Postby lynn » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Eve08 wrote:Hi guys,

Has anyone gone through Occupational Health Clearance/Tests for EPP Work here? If so, what does it involve?

What if I can't prove Immunisations and Blood tests that I had throughout my life? :roll:

Hey!

As far as i know, most NHS Trusts if you dont have Immunization records, you would have to go to Occy Health have ur bloods drawn and analysed to see what injections u would need,whether its a full course or just boosters or if ur fully immunized.

But best to ask the Occy health team, for C&I they told me to send my immunization record to them, which i did today, other than that i would have to go for blood test again if i didnt have proof.

Lyn x
lynn

Postby ThomasPollard » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the contact number / email for the C&I recruitment team?
ThomasPollard

Postby Eve08 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Has anyone gone through health clearance /tests yet (if you had to)?

I wasn't even appointed for it yet; OH department didn't come back to me and considering all the tests that need to be done (TB, HIV, Hepatitis, and more), I wonder how everything will be done on time? :(
Eve08

Postby nicolas » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi guys,

I am following your comments here and I wanted to ask you some questions about this training.

I am recently based in London, but I am from Argentina. It's the first time I see this trainee position. I would like to know which are the requiriments as I couldn't find the post on the NHS jobs site.

It is suitable for recent graduates? most of the successful applicants have in general experience as a AP already? a master[s course maybe?

Any information or advice is very wellcome!

Thanks!!
nicolas

Postby dk200300 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 pm

do these jobs still exist? I've found nothing!
dk200300

Postby nicolas » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:41 pm

dk200300 wrote:do these jobs still exist? I've found nothing!

Me neither! I looked at NHS Jobs and never saw the job advertisement.
nicolas

Postby Eve08 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi Nicolas,

This is what I know - Yes, it is suitable for recent graduates, (don't necessarily need Masters), you need experience within Mental Health, could be charity, volunteering, Learning Disabilities, etc..

This is the Job Advertisement:

Trainee Graduate Mental Health Worker
Passionate About Mental Health? Do you hold a degree, 2:2 or above? Become a Trainee Mental Health Worker!
Working in Partnership, Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, and Middlesex University are offering 60 individuals the opportunity to earn a Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice; while getting hands on work experience.
The successful candidates will receive a pro-rata Band 3 salary for working three days per week in one of the participating Trusts. The remaining two days shall be spent at Middlesex University receiving a first class education from experienced and knowledgeable Lecturers.
This is a 12 month programme due to start in January 2017. Upon successful completion of the programme you will be in a strong position to begin your career in mental health care.
We are looking for individuals who are truly passionate about mental health and wish to develop a career in this field. We welcome applications from individuals who can demonstrate their ability to work as a team; to use their initiative; to communicate effectively; to build positive relationships with service users; and most importantly their ability to deliver compassionate care.
For further information about Partnership Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, please visit their website.
For further information about Middlesex University please visit their website.
Eve08

Postby dk200300 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:16 pm

When did this come out? I am wondering when the vacancies for next year will be advertised. Thanks.
dk200300

Previous

Return to Applications