Shortlisting Updates

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
Peach

Shortlisting Updates

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:07 pm

I’m sure many of you are in the same frustrating position of applying for jobs both NHS and non-NHS and not hearing anything back regarding whether shortlisting has taken place. I personally don’t like to bother shortlisters by calling them up and since there are so many people on this site, I thought it would be helpful to pool together our knowledge and have a thread where people could update with any information they have about whether shortlisting has been completed/interviews taken place. At least this way we could potentially have a rough idea of where we stand.

With that being said, has anyone heard back from the NHS Therapy Assistant job in Surrey? I’m assuming they have already shortlisted but it would still be nice to have confirmation from anyone in the know.
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

Re: Shortlisting Updates

Post by 017746 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:50 pm

I think this is a great idea. I prefer to know either way whether I have been shortlisted so that I can move on and not keep holding out for hope but unfortunately most employers seem to only be contacting successful applicants these days :(

Peach

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 pm

I feel the same, even though I can understand it from the point of view of shortlisters it's so frustrating not to hear anything. Especially since shortlisting timescales can vary so much from a few days to several weeks.

If anyone knows anything about any AP, RA jobs etc that have shortlisted (NHS or not), update here and hopefully it will be helpful to others who are waiting.

Updates
CNWL, NHS AP post (older adults) have shortlisted.
South Essex Partnership Trust, AP (CAMHS) have also shortlisted.
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

KitKat

Post by KitKat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Update
Warrington IAPT have shortlisted for Trainee PWP post

RobinWall

Post by RobinWall » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 pm

I think this is a genius idea for a thread. I have applied for quite a few jobs this month and not heard anything back from any yet, and have been checking my emails for any update. At least with this method, I will know when some are redundant more quickly.

For the jobs that I have applied for, I still think it is a little bit early to have heard from any yet. However I was hoping to hear from the Liverpool SAFE CBU post, as the advert did state that they were going to be interviewing on the 29th. Not looking too likelt now, but interview dates have changed many times before!

Good idea Peach,

Robin
"As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

'A Return To Love' (1992) by Marianne Williamson

Morningstar

Post by Morningstar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Ta for the update on the CNWL AP post Peach! (I hope this means you got an interview?!)

RobinWall

Post by RobinWall » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:45 am

The Oxford University's Trust for the 2 Higher Assistant Psychologists have shortlisted. Sadly, I was not one of the lucky ones. However, was not surprised!

Robin
"As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

tarasian

Post by tarasian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

RobinWall wrote:The Oxford University's Trust for the 2 Higher Assistant Psychologists have shortlisted. Sadly, I was not one of the lucky ones. However, was not surprised!

Robin

snap :?

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:52 am

tarasian wrote:
RobinWall wrote:The Oxford University's Trust for the 2 Higher Assistant Psychologists have shortlisted. Sadly, I was not one of the lucky ones. However, was not surprised!

Robin

me neither! :(
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

RobinWall

Post by RobinWall » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:11 am

Gilly wrote:
tarasian wrote:

Robin

me neither! :(
Gilly, how very dare you!!!!?

Are you saying that tarasian and I are not talented enough? I am sure Oxford will weep at the thought of two excellent assistant psychologists that they have lost out on!!! Lol

Robin

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 am

hahahaha!! OOPS! I was sharing your dissapointment in my own rejection update! :D

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

Peach

Post by Peach » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 am

Gilbert, you have a place at UEA, don't be greedy! :P

RobinWall

Post by RobinWall » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:57 am

Just been knocked back by Rampton, bit of a shock, when I have been interviewed by them a few times before. Always had good feedback too!

Robin

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 am

Peach wrote:Gilbert, you have a place at UEA, don't be greedy! :P
Yes ma'am :(

RobinWall

Post by RobinWall » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:33 am

The Liverpool Assistant Psychologist post for SAFE CBU has now long-listed!!!

Robin