Professional Program in Neuropsychological Assessment

Discuss any aspect of applying for posts or courses (apart from the clinical psychology doctorate which has its own forum section), CVs, application forms, etc
benbrand

Professional Program in Neuropsychological Assessment

Post by benbrand » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:33 pm

What's the take on this? Trying to work out if it's a waste of money. I've been living in the US and gathering clinical experience for the past 4 years to hopefully apply for 2018 entry. I'm looking for ways I can gather some sort of postgraduate experience -- technically, this is a postgraduate certificate here, in the US, but I'm unsure to whether this directly translates to a PGCert in the UK, my guess is no. Anyway, would this benefit my application in any way?

http://extension.berkeley.edu/spos/neuro.html

Thanks!

eponymous85

Re: Professional Program in Neuropsychological Assessment

Post by eponymous85 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:12 am

Maybe I've misunderstood but it looks like those courses are for post-registration professionals - does this apply to you?

The topic is certainly relevant academically, but I don't know how much clinical experience you would get on a course like this, which only the education provider can tell you.
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

benbrand

Re: Professional Program in Neuropsychological Assessment

Post by benbrand » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:00 pm

eponymous85 wrote:Maybe I've misunderstood but it looks like those courses are for post-registration professionals - does this apply to you?

The topic is certainly relevant academically, but I don't know how much clinical experience you would get on a course like this, which only the education provider can tell you.
Thanks for replying! Yeah, it's generally aimed at clinicians wanting to get continuing education credit, which is mandated once you are a practicing clinician. It doesn't apply to me necessarily, but I figured it might be of some use when applying.