S.O.S Interventions for Autistic Individuals

Discuss what to expect in job and course interviews, what topics might be covered, how to manage anxiety, and how to get the desired result!

S.O.S Interventions for Autistic Individuals

Postby AngelaRam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi there,

I have an interview for "Complex Needs Support Worker" and as part of that, I have to present and discuss for effective strategies that would help Autistic Indiv. to manage their anxieties and reduce challenging behaviour.I've thought about ABA interventions or mindfulness meditation courses appropriate for autistic individuals.

Any other intervention/course that would be effective and could be incorporated in person's daily routine/weekly plan?

Thanks
AngelaRam

Re: S.O.S Interventions for Autistic Individuals

Postby ChipChip » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:23 pm

This might be a bit late but look at the NICE Challenging Behaviour Guidelines, ABA is a good move if it's used in that service things are moving towards more Positive Behaviour Support which incorporates ABA and is worth a look at too :)

It's also worth thinking about yourself as well and how you would impact on a person's challenging behaviour as often the environment (including staff) can be the main influence on how a persons day goes.

Hope this helps and is not too late!
ChipChip

Return to Interviews